Author Topic: NFL rap  (Read 987 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NFL rap
« on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:11 AM »
Are dabods and rt being seen around Philly wearing this jersey?
Tell the truth now.

Chargers.  Can anything go there way anymore this year.  They have a punt blocked, but gain repossession because KC Chief in attempting to field it touched the ball beyond the line of scrimaged then it bounced back to Charger.  Charger ball 1st and 10. :D

Late 4th 50 yard bomb on 1st and ten continues to prove Partyball is in, Martyball out.  Skander can he still screw it up.  Don't answer that.  Actually neither #1 or #2 seed is locked up.  Plus Mary saves it for the playoffs plenty of years.  Oh please be the year he breaks thru.

Falcons Michael Vick.  Can he do any more?  Great game vs Dallas.  Get him some help and he is perrennial playoff player.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: NFL rap
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 01:10:01 AM »
I don't know that the Chargers can win in the playoffs.  The QB is rattled too easily, this is his first year as a starter and I didn't like what I saw today.  Just like B-Ball playoffs, teams will have time to focus and take away your biggest strength (LT).  Agreed that party ball is in full effect, I just hope they will trust it in the playoffs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »
The only jersey I want to wear is AI's.  I'm going to miss him "bringing it"

I'm very pleased with the Eagles, but I've been watching them all season, and they are never as good as they appear after a win and never as bad as they look after a loss.

There really isn't much difference between a winning team and a loosing team in the NFL.  You can see this by seeing how fast last years winners decline out of the picture, and teams with lousy records like Tampa Bay can go to Chicago and force overtime before loosing.

With McNabb, the Eagles were loosing, and loosing games they wouldn't have lost if they played as well as they did a year before.  Clearly, they were not the same team, and even with McNabb, I had great doubts about their abilities.

When Donovan went out, I thought that was it for the Eagles, end of story.  But after a somewhat wobbly start, Jeff Garcia is now running the offence better than McNabb.

Bottom line- McNabb is the better athlete, bigger faster and stronger, but Garcia reads defenses faster and can pick them apart better because of that abillty. Garcia is now the quinessential West-Coast Offense QB.

After dipatching Washington and the Giants, and clearly establishing that they are still better than both of those teams, they now have a return match with Dallas, who they already beat earlier this season.

Since then Dallas has changed QB's and started to learn how to play winning football.  They are a better team than the one the Eagles beat earlier, but then again so are the Eagles a better team now.

IMO, the Eagles are now playoff worthy, but not truly an elite team anymore.  They looked great yesterday, but that was against the Giants.  Before I get anymore excited about the Birds, they will need to beat a good team, and these days there are very few of them around.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »
I don't know that the Chargers can win in the playoffs.  The QB is rattled too easily, this is his first year as a starter and I didn't like what I saw today.  Just like B-Ball playoffs, teams will have time to focus and take away your biggest strength (LT).  Agreed that party ball is in full effect, I just hope they will trust it in the playoffs.
Jim "Stoney" Stone local NBC mentioned yardage for LT last night and smartassy asked "Is MartyBall back again?"
Shottenheimer said "I don't think you will ever see it again."

The heavens have opened.  Actually the thoughts of their wallets opening has the owners ordering Marty to change.  Spanoses want a taxpayer paid stadium as bad as they want their bagels to have fresh cream cheese.
So i think and hope it's Partyball Offense continuing thru the playoffs.  Hopefully they will win or lose with it and i can deal.
Last nights 46 yard bomb on 1st and 10 with 5 minutes left was simply di-vine.
It appears and I am hoping that coaching confidence in that call gives PRivers-Partyball confidence and growth from that after the horrid game he had.
Because i hear you loud and clear on the rattleness of Rivers.  Interceptions will happen, Brady has 4 twice this year.  However PRivers reaction last night was unsettling to us loyal Chargers and any bandwaggoners out there. 

I think #1 seed and homefield is a big deal to Chargers chances.
At Seattle next week will be a challenge.
Finish vs Arizona should be a semi mail in.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:22:55 AM »
I'm very pleased with the Eagles, but I've been watching them all season, and they are never as good as they appear after a win and never as bad as they look after a loss.

There really isn't much difference between a winning team and a loosing team in the NFL.  When Donovan went out, I thought that was it for the Eagles, end of story.  But after a somewhat wobbly start, Jeff Garcia is now running the offence better than McNabb.

Bottom line- McNabb is the better athlete, bigger faster and stronger, but Garcia reads defenses faster and can pick them apart better because of that abillty. Garcia is now the quinessential West-Coast Offense QB.

After dipatching Washington and the Giants, and clearly establishing that they are still better than both of those teams, they now have a return match with Dallas, who they already beat earlier this season.

Since then Dallas has changed QB's and started to learn how to play winning football.  They are a better team than the one the Eagles beat earlier, but then again so are the Eagles a better team now.

Can you believe if the Eagles win out they are NFC East Champs?  Philly will host a Wildcard or 1st Rounder.  Maybe another game.
Roger that on the little difference between teams.  I watched the entire ATL-Dallas game and the ATL dbs bonehead move to try to pick up the fumble rather then smother and secure was indeed the difference maker.
Yeah Phillys chances in NFC are as good as anyones outside of Chicago.  And Chicago is no lock.