Author Topic: New ball cutting hands????  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
New ball cutting hands????
« on: December 08, 2006, 02:22:01 PM »
Saw this in an article on CBS Sportsline...

The latest development has been the arrival of injuries resembling paper cuts showing up on the hands of a number of key players. Dirk Nowtizki and Steve Nash, among others, have had to wear bandages to prevent the cuts from reopening in games.

Has anyone else seen or heard about the new ball cutting players' hands?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New ball cutting hands????
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 03:18:09 PM »
I heard about it on TNT, but find it hard to believe.

It's clear there are a number of players that dislike the ball, but a few of the shooters seem to like the way it bounces better.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »
Yeah I heard Nash say something about getting his hands cut up by the new ball.  He also says that its too late to go back now that he's used to the new ball, though. 

I think the NBA laid an egg with this one.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »

It's clear there are a number of players that dislike the ball, but a few of the shooters seem to like the way it bounces better.

For all the grouching, shooting percentages and points are up.
Partly adding to this stat might be the way the ball dies on the rim and greases in.
I've seen a few of those.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »

For all the grouching, shooting percentages and points are up.
Partly adding to this stat might be the way the ball dies on the rim and greases in.
I've seen a few of those.

I heard that 3pt% was down and turnovers are up.  So there are arguments for both sides.  But if players are getting multiple "paper cuts" all over their hands then this is a major problem.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 12:03:56 AM »
An Open Letter to NBA Players

On behalf of the more than 1 million members and supporters of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) worldwide, I am writing with a solution to the recent drama of a few high-profile NBA players who were whining about fingertip scratches and scrapes caused by the new composite basketball adopted by the league. As excruciating as these “injuries” must be for a world-class athlete, thousands of cows stand to suffer far worse if the NBA goes back to a leather basketball—so we’d like to suggest a compromise.

PETA would like to offer a lifetime supply of cruelty-free hand cream to any NBA siss … excuse me, superstar who’d be willing to give the composite ball another shot. Recreational players and NCAA athletes have been using composite balls for years without experiencing scratches or scrapes—but we understand that the delicate hands of pampered NBA superstars are far more sensitive than those of your average Joe who actually has to work for a living. The hand cream comes in a variety of scents, including “Filthy Rich Organic” (perfect for any overpaid millionaire) and “Peaceful Patchouli”—Nash, we have a whole case of that set aside for you. Maybe by taking care of your own skin a bit better, you can allow cows who would otherwise meet their end in the slaughterhouse to keep theirs.

Shaq, as one of the players who has been most critical of the composite ball, perhaps you’ll volunteer to be our test case—since you’ve only played four games all season, surely you have time to work a moisturizing routine into your schedule. Or LeBron, maybe you’re interested. The NCAA has used the composite ball for years—so it’s not only an education that you missed out on. Maybe you just need some more time to adjust.

In the interest of sparing thousands of cows a hideous, unnecessary death, please consider this suggestion. In the meantime, we wish the NBA luck in its search for leftover leather basketballs—judging by the reaction of some players, it seems like balls are in pretty short supply around the NBA these days.

Sincerely,
Dan Shannon
Manager of Campaigns
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

http://blog.peta.org/archives/Letter%20to%20NBA.pdf

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »
Someone needs to write a letter to this idiot and let him know that WE KILL THE COWS ANYWAY FOR FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »
Someone needs to write a letter to this idiot and let him know that WE KILL THE COWS ANYWAY FOR FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!  No, no , no Lurker.  Obviously we must kill cows for food and throw the hides in the trash.  Conversly, we kill a whole different set of cows for hides and throw away the meat.  Otherwise that mediot does sound like a total moron, and how can someone who blogs be a moron?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »
I think Stern needs to tell PETA that they're more interested in pacifying the players than they are in pacifying a special interest group that most NBA fans could care less about.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »

PETA obviously hasn't heard about the cow-tipping practices the Spurs hold on a regular basis, have they?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »

PETA obviously hasn't heard about the cow-tipping practices the Spurs hold on a regular basis, have they?

Obviously you are confusing California's approach to cattle herding with the method used by true ranchers here in South Texas.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »

Obviously you are confusing California's approach to cattle herding with the method used by true ranchers here in South Texas.

That method being getting the cow tipsy on Amberbock before trying to make "the move" ?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com