Author Topic: As if things couldn't get worse for the Sixers!  (Read 1124 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
As if things couldn't get worse for the Sixers!
« on: December 01, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »
Shavlik Randolph broke his ankle and dislocated it at the same time.  Igoudala who collided with him in the air said it looked like the Joe Theisman injury.

The sad thing is that Shavlik was getting better and better each game.  He has some pretty decent post moves that he executes well.  He was improving as a rebounder and understanding where to be at the right time.

In a season where the Sixers need all the help they can get in the post area, the last thing they needed was to loose the one bright spot on the front line.

Dalembert can't stay out of foul trouble.  I like Steven Hunter better anyway, as long as he can stay healthy he's adequate- 10 boards and 10 pts. in starters minutes. But that's one position.

The Sixers have no other big forward to go to except Chris Webber, and the guy doesn't seem able to get it done anymore. 

There are some other unproven rookies on the bench with a little height.  With Shavlik out Cheeks will want to go small ball, but that group can't board well enough against big teams.  Reluctantly, he'll try giving them a few minutes here and there to see what they can do.

A real shame for Shavlik.  I hope it's not a career ending injury.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: As if things couldn't get worse for the Sixers!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »
It sure sounds like an ugly injury.  Sounds like the Sixers were referring to it as a "Theisman" moment.   :'(
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes