Author Topic: Lakers 17-2 at Staples  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Lakers 17-2 at Staples
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:03:44 PM »
Last 19 reg season games.  2-1 vs Phx in playoffs.

Are the Lakers for real and is Phil pulling off his best coaching job ever, surpassing last year?  Has Phil shown tape of GNob, thereby reaching Kobadiah Springfiled with the thought that team ball is better then a scoring title and jersey sales?  10 assists last night and so far no 25+ shot attempt games.  Kobes staple, the FT attempt does have him at a shocking 15th in the NBA.  However he has missed 2 games, pehaps when we run the per 48 order will be restored.

Okay Lakers.  Perspective will come beginning Dec 19th when a 22-32 road game stretch begins.
However, should you begin posturing for playoff tickets?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lakers 17-2 at Staples
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:17:47 PM »
Are the Lakers for real? Yes I think they are a better team then last year because they are more balanced in all aspects.  Are they going to sit as one of the top 5 teams in the NBA for the entire season?  I don't think so.  I feel a number of quality teams that should be up there are struggling or playing below their level right now.

You will see Kobe's FT go up as he is able to attack the rim more, you know once he is back towards 95-100%.  Right now he cannot continue night in and night out to attack the rim for 40+ minutes.  So far he has done a good job doing exactly what the Lakers need him to do in a game.  Last night they needed ball movement and he did that.  A few nights ago they couldn't score so he dropped 40.  I expect that to be a trend, one night he scores at will the next he passes alot.  The offensive firepower the Lakers have has improved from last year at every position except PG/SG so that is why you see alot less shooting.

The true test will be when that huge road game stretch begins.  Right now they are taking care of business at home like they are suppose to.  If they can improve on the road and hit at least .500 they should be in good shape.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 04:21:28 PM »
Tough to make a call about the Lakers right now with so many teams getting off to slow starts and the Lakers having so many home games.  Kobe's looking better and better each and every game as far as his knee is concerned.  Odom is a pleasant surprise as is Evans.  Everybody else is pretty much as expected.

The ONLY reason ANY coach would show video of Manu Giblowme is so players will know what NOT to do in critical situations at the end of games when the game, series and championship are on the line.  That was one of the stupidiest plays I've ever seen in the NBA.  Right up there with Isiah passing it to Bird and D. Harper running out the clock in a tied game.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 10:08:12 AM »
and D. Harper running out the clock in a tied game.

Thank you OH SO MUCH for bringing up that play.  I WAS having a good day up until now.

Rolando Blackman tried to take the ball away from him, and Harper, a rookie at the time, actually PROTECTED the ball from a teammate and team captain.

Brad Davis doesn't make that mistake.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!