Author Topic: Shaq's knee's and the title run hangover  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Shaq's knee's and the title run hangover
« on: November 22, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »
I know it is still very, very early in the season, but only 10 games or so into the season, of which I might add, Shaq has only played 4 games, and it is surgery time and the Heat will be without his services 4-6 weeks, it's a good thing they play in the east becasue this could be worse than it is were they competing in the loaded west.

My question is, is this the beginning of the end for "The Big Blob", and is the pressure on for that valiant warrior, Mr. Alonzo Mourning, to prove that it was him and Wade that were the reason they won it all last year? I think Shaq is done as a game changing force and when he comes back will be merely an imposing shadow of his former self. Unfortunately, poor Mourning has his share of mileage as well and although he has 5 times hte heart of Shaq, he is not a 30 mpg player anymore.

Thoughts?
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shaq's knee's and the title run hangover
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »
I said it when I first heard about the injury and I will say it again...this is one of the final nails in the coffin.  The reason I am saying that is...

1) It is harder to come back from injury when you are older, it takes more time to heal up.......It is harder to come back from injury when you are a big man.....add both of them up together?  Bad news.

2)  His movement has dropped off quite a bit in the last year and a half.  Pretty much ever since the playoffs 2 years ago.   I think his mobility is going to be just about toast.

3) They are going to have to change the game plan with him being out for an extended amount of time + getting back into playing shape
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »
I think he was no longer MDE two years ago, in his last year with the Lakers he was still able to dominate in the Finals for at least one game.  He hasn't dominated since, last year it was mostly Wade.  I'm not saying he's done but he will no longer be the focus of defenses, that may in turn extend his career because Shaq at 70% is still better than 90% of the centers in the league, excluding Bynum of course.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 07:05:05 PM »
I think it will hurt his defense the most.  The loss of mobility will slow him down even more.  The pace of the game is becoming quicker.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 01:22:40 AM »
Obviously Shaq had nothing to do with The Heats EC Finals Game 7 2005 or 2006 title.
With Michael Doleac being able to duplicate anything Shaq has done since leaving the Lakers, we will be able to see Mourning and Wade make a title defense this year.