Author Topic: Board Bracket?  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« on: March 16, 2004, 09:33:06 AM »
anyone interested in doing a yahoo ncaa bracket?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 09:46:51 AM »
sure count me in....i would like to see how good my guessing game is..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 11:29:39 AM »
Sounds fun. I'm in.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 01:04:11 PM »
I'll give it a shot.  UTSA to win it all....homer pick.  Doh!
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 01:54:30 PM »
I've set one up already!  I meant to get this to everyone, but I've been running myself ragged here at the office.  To avoid trying to send you guys a lot of junk mail, I mailed the message to myself, and then pasted it here:

-----message follows-----
This is a message from ESPN.com Fantasy Games sent to you by:

Joe Vancil (junkmail@joev.com)

Here we go!

Joe Vancil has put together a group on ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge and would like you to join.

Group name: MSNBC-PhillyArena
Password: polarbear

Helpful links:

Create a new account:
https://register.espn.go.com/fantasy/choose...tcmen/frontpage

Already have an entry? Go to your entry page and then click on the following link:
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/group?groupID=52343

Tournament Challenge
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

-----Message Ends-----
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 02:26:53 PM »
Joe,

Are you limiting each person to one entry in your group?  Or can we make up to the limit of 5 entries in your group?

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 04:48:55 PM »
alright, i'm in.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 05:18:07 PM »
Joe,

Are you limiting each person to one entry in your group? Or can we make up to the limit of 5 entries in your group?

I don't *THINK* I'm limiting anyone.  If I am, please let me know.  Better yet, let me know how to fix it!

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 06:03:37 PM »
Joe,

Are you limiting each person to one entry in your group? Or can we make up to the limit of 5 entries in your group?

I don't *THINK* I'm limiting anyone.  If I am, please let me know.  Better yet, let me know how to fix it!
Well, ESPN is limiting a person to 5 entries.  I guess I am asking if we can use all 5 entries in this same group.  You know to hedge our bets somewhat.  I will probably do 5 different brackets....so I was wondering whether to associate all 5 with our group or to only pick one bracket.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 07:13:28 PM »
Joe,

Well, ESPN is limiting a person to 5 entries.  I guess I am asking if we can use all 5 entries in this same group.  You know to hedge our bets somewhat.  I will probably do 5 different brackets....so I was wondering whether to associate all 5 with our group or to only pick one bracket.
BBF,
I don't know the specifics of the Yahoo NCAA game, but I did play Survivor Football, and Pickem Football, and I would assume they work the same way.  That is assuming that this is a "Private Group", in Yahoo speak.
You can only have one bracket per Yahoo ID.  If you want to have 5 bracktes then you need to have 5 Yahoo ID's, and sign up in that private group 5 times, once for each ID.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Board Bracket?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 10:04:28 AM »
Ziggy - the ESPN site allows for up to 5 brackets for each e-mail address/username.  I have already done 2 brackets but only associated the first one with Joe's group.  I will end up doing 5 brackets and was just wondering if all 5 should be associated with the same group.
-Moody Blues