Author Topic: Clash of the Titans may not happen  (Read 836 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Clash of the Titans may not happen
« on: October 25, 2006, 12:58:48 AM »
Phil Jackson confirmed that centers Kwame Brown (right shoulder) and Chris Mihm (offseason right ankle surgery) will miss at least the first two weeks of the season, making Andrew Bynum, who turns 19 on Friday, the starter.

Fabbs Oberto, who has also been playing with the starters in preseason, could set up a battle between 2nd year Centers.

However the teams do not meet until Dec 10th in Los Angeles.  Will the two still be starting by then?  Ticket sales are huge as fans around the NBA salivate for this marquee matchup.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »
Wilt err... I mean Andrew, has looked decent in pre-season.  He will one day become an NBA starting center.  He's not a total dork and will most likely become a journeyman center.

Fabs has always been nothing and will continue to be nothing.  He's a waste of a roster spot, the Spurs were better off with Nazr.

I'd like to see Andrew go up against Dalamebert from Philly or Chris Bosh.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »
Bynum starting for at least the 1st 2 weeks is a blessing in disguise for the Lakers.
No matter what happens he will be better in the long run.

And if he does well you Angelinos will be all geeked again.

The word in Spursville is Jackie Brown is looking good at center/PF.  So unless Popavich screws it up, maybe we have a good young center also.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »
Andrew has been alot more aggressive in calling for the ball.  He's still very raw, I don't see too many moves on his part in the paint.  He's still in HS mode thinking he can go over the back of players for rebounds.  He does have good fundamentals, creates good space and makes himself an easy target for an entry pass.  He's a good FT shooter and aggressive when he tries to block shots.  As a starter I think he will get into alot of foul trouble EARLY once the regular season gets under way.  Turiaf will probably see more time at center than Andrew will because of foul trouble.  Turiaf is practically a rookie himself so he'll get alot of "no-name player" fouls called against him so don't be surprised to see Odom, Cook or RadMan at center.  I've seen Cook in street clothes so I don't know his status.  When the Lakers go with Odom or RadMan at center the Lakers will be a Suns-like team running the floor at every opportunity.  Problem is there are too many teams that can bury the Lakers 2-man punch in scoring.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »
Andrew has looked much better but that is somewhat expected seeing as he has had more time to adjust to NBA life and what Kareem wants to direct him.  Like WoW said he is still very raw and has not learned how to fully rebound and score at this level on a very consistant basis at this point in time.   The mental game comes as years go under his belt and I think both his rebounding and scoring will improve once he learns what to do in certain situations (like not going over the back of players ala high school as W.O.W has pointed out)  He can develop moves and it sure does help to have Kareem grooming you.  If there is one player you could assign to teach your big men I guarentee Kareem would be high up on alot of teams list.  Kareem seems to be very high on him so that makes me feel he can become a solid player and a much better improvement over our current centers.

I don't know if I could handle this power matchup.  I like Super Bynum cuz he is on the SUPER LAKERS but Flabs is on my fantasy team....he is going to win it all for me this year so I am torn.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com