Author Topic: Trade your star for Amare  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Trade your star for Amare
« on: October 19, 2006, 03:50:23 PM »
It's fantacyland.  Or is it?  Who knows what this year will bring.
But for now....Will Amare return to top 5 or is he the new CWebb?
Okay, you are GM and you have a chance to deal.  Now.  You have to decide now how his health status is.  

Would you trade your teams #1 OR #2 star for Amare?
TDuncan no way
GNob never

A.I.  hmmmn
Igs nope not me

Kobadiah probably not
Odom I would, and i think Odom is good when Kobe plays team ball.

Lebron please
Ilgak yes

Yao no
Tmac  hmmn maybe

AK-47 no.  Injuries yes, but he is my type of player.
Okur nope, Turkey is only 27 and continues to improve.

Ron Testy I might
Bibby I would

Chris Bosh no way
#1 pick Andrea Bargnani  no.  Altho his pee wee Herman hairdo does concern me.

Paul Pierce  Done.  Trade.
Ricky Davis.  Haha.  obvious.

MarshMello no.  Too much talent in spite of slacker poutiness.
KMart haha obvious

Eldo Brand  no!
Sam Cassell  I would say yes but could we let the Clippers have just one good year?

Dwight Howard no!
Darko hmmn.  no.  I'll gamble on his continued upside.

Dork no way
Josh Howard.  Hmmn even with knee Stoudamire could then become rebounder.  No, i like Howards demonstrated and continued upside

DWade  aha ha.
Shraq no.  Let them have a shot at another title as long as Popavich is holding back the Spurs.

I'll have to finish this later.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:12:59 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:32:25 PM »
I'd trade Odom for Amare because Amare is more of a post player, more of an inside outside game.  Odom plays well regardless of what Kobe is doing and he plays lackluster regardless of what Kobe is doing.

Wade? Heck no.  Shaq? Yes because you get a young dominate post player for an aging dominate post player.  Wade needs someone in the middle to do what he does.

Dirk? Nah.  Jason Terry? Ya because it would be nice to get a post player for that team.  They really need a low post scorer.

A.I. hmmmn
Igs nope not me

You =  :crazy:

You wouldn't give up Igs for Amare?  Are you serious?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 09:35:11 PM »
I think Amare is the real deal, I would trade any other player to get him.  Even Dirk, or TD or Wade, AI I'd trade right away as well,  Iggy too.  

IMO, this guy will be the #1 player in the league, if not this year then next.  Because he is a Center/Forward with a real post up game, he will be MVP or close to it for years to come.

If MJ was playing still and was near the end of his career I'd trade him too!

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:23:06 AM »
Reality, I know you like jerking chains, and stirring things up, but this time if this was serious, then all I can say is you need to go to Dr. Fraiser Crane, cause you are losing it  :crazy: .

Would you trade your teams #1 OR #2 star for Amare?

TDuncan -  Since Duncan is now 30, it is very tempting, but you only have so many opportunities to win titles, so I think I would pass, and of course regret not doing it in 2-3 years.
GNob -  In a heartbeat

A.I. -  In a heartbeat
Igs -  In a heartbeat

Kobadiah - Not right now, but it is very tantalizing
Odom - In a nano-second  

Lebron - nope
Ilgak - In a heartbeat  :rofl:  

Yao -  You betcha
Tmac - In the time it takes for TMac's back to flare up, so in about 2 heartbeats.

AK-47 -  Probably not, but it is close
Okur - This is a stupid question, in half a nano-second   :rofl:  

Ron Testy - In a heartbeat  :rofl:
Bibby - Yes

Chris Bosh - It is a wash
#1 pick Andrea Bargnani - Gotta say on this one, GET A GRIP  :bash:   , in a nano-nano-second, in other words, in a billionth of a billionth of a second.  :rofl:  :rofl:   :crazy:

Paul Pierce - Yes
Ricky Davis - He is actually in Minny now, but in a nano-second anyway :bash:

MarshMello -  Yes
KMart - See Andrea Bargnani  :bash:  :crazy:   :rofl:  

Eldo Brand  - It is a wash
Sam Cassell - See Okur  :crazy:  :bash:   :rofl:

Dwight Howard  - It is a wash
Darko - I am sorry I am still laughing,  You will gamble on his continued upside, and not gamble on Amare's greatness???  Tell me you aren't serious, because this is absurd. :bash:  You are just plain  :crazy:

Dork - It is a wash
Josh Howard  -  See Cassell, and then see Okur  :rofl:   :bash:

DWade - Nah, but it is really close
Shraq - So fast it would make your head spin.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:54:18 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »
zig,
Of course I don't believe everything i read, as i used to read Randys posts and still will partially read them.  However, I do get the sense of truth from this Phx writer Craig Morgan.
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=76840

When I buy stock and sell it after it goes up but before it really takes off 5Xs, yes I'm disappointed.  Not nearly as much as when i sense a stock is going to drop and i do not bail.  GM Reality senses AStouds stock is going to drop.  2005 playoffs was his peak? :eek2:   If I'm wrong, i'm wrong.  Meanwhile I want to get the best possible deal if trade for him, meaning give the least to acquire his injured self.

So to me, some of the players that are currently less of a demonstrated player,
say Josh Howard and even #1 pick Andrea Bargnani, may well end up surpassing him, -soon-, like this year, and rate higher then he for the next 5.  If that occurs, you and Craney have severely misused the Phx teams cash payroll.

Dr Fraiser Crane, rt and you are banking on Amares microfracture healing up just fine n dandy.  You still have him in top 7 status.  rt has him at #1, which i would definitely help arrange transportation for rt to Dr Cranes, or Dr Phils.  Or at least Oprahs to talk it out.

Indeed zig and rt, if he returns to top 7 and sustains it for the next 5 years, WOW i will have blown it.  Especially hanging on to Sam Cassell.  That is one I might change.  Even now.

However, past microfraturees are:
Penny Hardaway.  If you can flashback to 1995 and 1996 playoffs, he was an All Star, some would say top 10 player at the time and created quite a buzz along with that slim center from LSU.  Never the same after the fracture.

Chris Webber.

Granted the med procedures have changed.  I don't have any insider info on AStoud.  However reports have him already missing practices and DAntoni telling him since he cannot make the practices he must not be good to go and Phx will hold him out until they are positive he is as close to 100% as Realistically possible.
I don't like the sound of him missing practices, altho many a pampered NBA star will do that....

This one will be answered on the court.  

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »
I'm one of the guys not so worried about this "microfracture" stuff.  Amare will be just fine.

Penny Hardaway was injury prone in SEVERAL ways.  It wasn't just the microfracture stuff with him.

Jason Kidd had microfracture surgery.  Was the best point guard in the game before it...after it, too.

You mentioned Chris Webber.  23 and 10.5  in 39.1 minutes per game in high-paced Sacramento before it.  20.2 and 9.9 in 38.6 last year in Philadelphia, 19.5 and 9.1 in his first full year back from it - splitting time between Philadelphia and Sacramento.  That doesn't sound like too much of a fall-off - especially for a 33-year-old like Webber.

Stoudemire will be just fine.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
The ONLY guys I wouldn't trade for Amare:

Dirk - More versitile than Amare.
LeBron - Way more versitile than Amare on and OFF the court.
TD - Proven commodity that still has a few titles in him.  Much more polished and consistent game on both ends of the court, his age is begining to be a concern.
Kobe/Wade - More versitile and clutch plus their fan pull is way too strong, you're not going to make a major marketing push with Amare like you can with Kob8 and Wade.
Crish Bosh - Basically the same player as Amare without the injury, plus Bosh's game relies less on his athleticism.  IMO Amare's physique and coordination are not congruent to developing a polished post up game, especially when it comes to back to the basket moves and a turnaround or fade away jumper.  Amare will have to rely on his quickness to get around defenders to the rim and a jump hook.  Bosh will have more of a McHale//Parish/Duncan type post up game than Amare.  If Amare where to focus on technique he could develop Hakeem like abilities, something Bosh doesn't have the physical ability to accomplish.

P.S. I don't know if I'm using the word congruent properly, does it mean "in-line with"?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:22:43 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 06:53:06 PM »
um...yeah, I'd trade both AI and Iggy to get him.