Author Topic: Clippers drop a spot  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »
From #5 to #6.
By allowing Dallas to win at the buzzer. :angry:

Signifigance?
W.O.W. this means your chance to see the Spurs and SuperFabbs live vs Clippers in the 2nd round just took a hit.

It also means your delusional visions of Dirk and company taking the Southwest #1 seed from the Spurs remain intact.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:31:40 AM »
From #5 to #6.
By allowing Dallas to win at the buzzer. :angry:

Signifigance?
W.O.W. this means your chance to see the Spurs and SuperFabbs live vs Clippers in the 2nd round just took a hit.

It also means your delusional visions of Dirk and company taking the Southwest #1 seed from the Spurs remain intact.
Dallas having home court if very important to their playoff success against the Spurs.  The Spurs have been there done that so home court is not as important to them but for Dallas it could be the difference between winning and losing the series ala Phoenix last year.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:36:59 AM »
Your boy missed a free throw that torked me off.
(Livingston front end of 2 shot foul.  He made the second for the tie.  I think if he makes both for +1 Clippers lead it stresses out Dirk and Dallas a bit more)
Get that guy on some steroids and NFL lineman type diet.

Oh well props to Dork.  Prior to the play i was calling for Dumbleavy to have doubled him (at the very least when clock went down to 4 seconds),  instead of having Kaveman take him 1 on 1, but whaddaya gonna do?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:58:21 AM »
Your boy missed a free throw that torked me off.
(Livingston front end of 2 shot foul.  He made the second for the tie.  I think if he makes both for +1 Clippers lead it stresses out Dirk and Dallas a bit more)
Get that guy on some steroids and NFL lineman type diet.

Oh well props to Dork.  Prior to the play i was calling for Dumbleavy to have doubled him (at the very least when clock went down to 4 seconds),  instead of having Kaveman take him 1 on 1, but whaddaya gonna do?
Speaking of Livingston, he is an amazing talent.  He's the best looking prospect for a PG since Jason Kidd.  Hope Shaun lives up to his potential but you're right he may not survive very long being that skinny.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 11:58:45 AM »
As it ever crossed anyone's mind that "Dumb"leavy doesn't want any part of the deadly Mavs/Spurs trek through the WC playoffs at the number 5 seed.  

Now I'm not one to go spreading rumors around and tossing out unfounded accusations, I'm just sayin'...  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »
As it ever crossed anyone's mind that "Dumb"leavy doesn't want any part of the deadly Mavs/Spurs trek through the WC playoffs at the number 5 seed.  

Now I'm not one to go spreading rumors around and tossing out unfounded accusations, I'm just sayin'...
That's true.
A 6th seed could be a much better route then Dallas/San Antonio.

And it was a bench player James Singleton who made a couple threes late for the ClipJoint.  Hmmnn. B)  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 12:45:24 PM »

That's true.
A 6th seed could be a much better route then Dallas/San Antonio.

And it was a bench player James Singleton who made a couple threes late for the ClipJoint.  Hmmnn. B)
IMO thats playing with fire.  Do you wait to try to see SA/Dallas later after they've built up playoff momentum in territory your team has never been to.  Or do you try to see them earlier in hopes that they have not fully got into that playoff stride?

I say sooner rather than later.  Only Sam Cassell has seen the WCF on this squad whereas Dallas a few players on the squad have been deep and Spurs, obviously, know about the WCF very well.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
But it's not just "see one of them now."  It's see one of them now and see the other in the next round vs. see one of them in the Conference Finals.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Guest_Randy

Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »
The problem is with the mindset that you already have if you ever consciously make a decision like that -- it's like saying:  "we don't think we can beat them so let's try a different route" -- well, ultimately you HAVE to face them -- you don't need to have already defeated yourself in your mind.  

This approach is HORRIBLE -- and if it is one the Clips are taking, they will struggle just to get past the first round -- that mindset won't get you anything but knocked out of the playoffs.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
But it's not just "see one of them now."  It's see one of them now and see the other in the next round vs. see one of them in the Conference Finals.
They won't get by either one so IMO it doesn't matter.  Dallas they could give a run for their money but SA? That would be one hell of a long shot.    If for some magical reason W.O.W finds a genie lamp and wishes them into the Finals.....wouldn't it be nicer to say you took the tough road instead of the cop out?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 01:22:44 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 01:38:08 PM »
Randy,

Don't get me wrong;  I agree with you.  "Lose now to avoid..." isn't SPORTSmanship, it's GAMESmanship, and, ultimately, is self-defeating.

But we are talking the Clippers, here - as in "What's the big deal about a loss here and there, if it gets us more money on the bottom line, by getting additional games?"

Never forget the mindset of Donald $terling.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Clippers drop a spot
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:12:28 PM »
But we are talking the Clippers, here - as in "What's the big deal about a loss here and there, if it gets us more money on the bottom line, by getting additional games?"

Never forget the mindset of Donald $terling.

Correctamundo!

Option 1:  At the number 5 seed you are doomed to face Dallas or San Antonio in the first round where, if by some miracle you win, you are doomed to face Dallas or San Antonio in the second round.  

Option 2:  At the number 6 seed you get to face a team in Denver who didn't even win as many games as you did in the reg. season.  And should you win, you face an Amare-less and possibly Thomas-less Suns team.

Say what you want about which storybook memory you'd like to impart to your grandchild if you're Elton Brand.  The cold stone truth is one of these ways is a lot easier to the WCF and it ain't option #1.

The travesty of this horrible guaranteed seeds is that Dunleavy and $terling get put in this situation and I don't know if I blame them should they, let's say, take it easy to finish out the season.      

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."