Author Topic: What's up with Philly?  (Read 944 times)

Guest_Randy

What's up with Philly?
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »
they have lost 10 of their last 12 games -- I realize that some of those games were without AI but they were on a slide when he went down.  I didn't expect this team to be a lot better than their current record but AI, Webber, Iggy -- you would have thought they could play .500 ball.

Thoughts?  Is it Cheeks?  The fact that AI and Webber can't play together?  The disappearance of Dalembert after playing better ball in a contract year?

koast

What's up with Philly?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:57:14 AM »
That was a horrendous second half.  Detriot played well in the beging of the 3rd but then felt like the game was in hand.  From there on out they played some pretty weak basketball.......yet Philly was all but handing the game to them.  Pretty brutal to watch both teams in that 4th quarter.

Pretty much to sum up how bad Philly was playing last night I believe AI or Andre threw a pass to Kyle Korver that bounced off his forehead and ended up being a turnover.

Philly has their work cut out for them to keep Chi-town off thei rear ends.  I think the upcoming schudele is Washington, Miami, Nets x2, and Chicago x2.  The first three are probably some of the hottest teams in the league in the last month or so.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
What's up with Philly?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »
Let's put it this way, at this point we're rooting for ping pong balls.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What's up with Philly?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »
You guys still can make the playoffs but need to really turn it up.  I know pulling wins out of NJ and Miami is going to be tough but it is not like an impossible task.  Both Chicago games are pretty much must wins.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
What's up with Philly?
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »
You guys still can make the playoffs but need to really turn it up.  I know pulling wins out of NJ and Miami is going to be tough but it is not like an impossible task.  Both Chicago games are pretty much must wins.
But it comes down to which is better...being first round fodder for the Pistons or having a chance at a high draft pick.  I think in the Sixers position they need the youth as opposed to a 4 and done playoff series.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
What's up with Philly?
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:04:56 PM »
I don't understand, Rick said they "have more to play for than LA" and so would make a serious run at the playoffs, What gives?
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What's up with Philly?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 03:27:03 PM »
But it comes down to which is better...being first round fodder for the Pistons or having a chance at a high draft pick.  I think in the Sixers position they need the youth as opposed to a 4 and done playoff series.
Good question but don't you want guys like Korver, Dalmbert, and Ig to get some playoff expierence?!

If they were able to win a game or keep most of the games real close in a playoff atmosphere  (which if the Pistons played like they did last night they could) that would be huge for this squad in terms of expierence and confidence.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 03:29:29 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

What's up with Philly?
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 04:37:47 PM »
What gives is that they are seriously underperforming as a team.  At times they play brilliantly, and then revert to a team that can't execute on offence- within two minutes.

It is the most maddening team I've ever witnessed playing.  They do not respond well to pressure on either side of the ball.

Iverson and Webber are fine, but the others aren't involved enough and need to have plays run for them to get going.  Korver is a very weak ballhander and passer- when he'
s not shooting well, he's a real liability.

Frankly at this point I'd rather see some ping-pong balls than a fruitless and quick out in the playoffs.

I can't even watch them at times.  It's just not fun watching AI try to take the game over and force shots. Or see Webber clink one at a critical moment.

Oh! Tha Pain!