Author Topic: The Bowen kick  (Read 680 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The Bowen kick
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:53:13 AM »
of Ray Allen.  That apparantly lit a fire under Ray Allen for the rest of the game.
Which the Spurs still should have won.  

how bad was it?

I haven't seen it yet.

Update.  Pfffffttt.  A little love tap.  Guess Bowen should have known better tho.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:22:00 AM by Reality »

guest-koast

The Bowen kick
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 10:19:44 AM »
Ray Allen is by far the biggest cry baby in this league.   I am tired of him being such a soft player that he whines at any real defensive contact (you know like hard defense Bruce Bowen and others play) That was barely a kick.  After the game Allen took his little shot at Bowen to try to blow up what happend.  If anything it was like a push off with Bowen's foot than it was a kick.  He didn't even fully extend his leg.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The Bowen kick
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
Ray Allen is by far the biggest cry baby in this league.
Check this absolute  :bs:  out:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...niglance29.html

Ray Allen took no joy after the NBA issued a $10,000 fine to San Antonio's Bruce Bowen after he kicked the Sonics guard in the back on Sunday.

However, it appears Allen may have helped pursude Stu Jackson, the NBA's vice president of basketball operations, into assessing the fine.

"When we landed in Memphis I called Stu and asked him if he saw the game," Allen said after Tuesday's 98-97 victory against Memphis. "He said he watched it that night, and he didn't think much of it.

"He said I'm going to watch it again. I told him I was just sitting there and he kicked me in the back and something more should have been done than him getting a technical foul. Then he started watching it, and he thought I was on his ankle."

When asked about Bowen's penalty, Allen said: "What he got was about right."

Rashard Lewis, however, said he thought Bowen should have been suspended.

"First off, he should have been kicked out of the game," Lewis said. "That's number one. You don't do something like that and not lose some games."

Jackson befriended Allen years ago, and at times the Sonics guard seeks out advice. They talked after Jackson suspended Allen three games for fighting with Orlando's Kenyon Dooling.

"He said you've got to be able to hold your temper," Allen said. "Sometimes it's hard, he said, but you know how much money you make."