Author Topic: lakers beat spurs  (Read 1339 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
lakers beat spurs
« on: March 11, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »
Another back to back loss by the Spurs....man there is really soething wrong with this team - it has only one ONE back to back series this season.

Good game by the lakers. props on the good win.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

guest-koast

lakers beat spurs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »
Another back to back loss by the Spurs....man there is really soething wrong with this team - it has only one ONE back to back series this season.

Good game by the lakers. props on the good win.
I remember you mentioning that last week so I was kinda happy to see that the Lakers got them on a back to back after the punished a short handed PHX.  Didn't get to catch too much of the game because I was at the airport.

Flabs stat line:

D

N

P

:rofl:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
lakers beat spurs
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »
Missed the whole thing.
Who was guarding (make that was't guarding) Lamar Odor and Walton? :nonono:

Sounds like Duncan and the Two headed Rasho-Nazr got worked big time.
Not my fault Pops kept Fabs on the bench.

I see Kobme got hot in the 4th to finish at a blistering 11-29.
What did the Pampered Puss do to Brent Barry to recieve the Flagrant Foul 1?

Guest_Randy

lakers beat spurs
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:53:35 AM »

Of course it's not, Reality -- but obviously, Pop hasn't gotten the memo about how great a player fabs is (or how horrible Finley is).  Of course, if you were coaching it would be a different thing -- but then the rest of the league wouldn't be worried about the Spurs anymore either!   :rofl:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
lakers beat spurs
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:06:51 AM »
Pretty pathetic by the Spurs IMO.

not taking anything away from the Lakers.  but I am pointing out how dissapointed I am in my teams play in this type of situation, it's pathetic.  

Anyway, Pops DID get the memo on Flabs greatness  It was delivered in a note written in crayon, on green construction paper, bundled and tied by some of Flabs wavy locks.  Pop thought the stick picture of he and Falbs playing basketball next to some trees and a big shiny sun was so cute he hung it up in his office for all to see.....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:07:02 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
lakers beat spurs
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »
Anyway, Pops DID get the memo on Flabs greatness  It was delivered in a note...
Followed by another note.  It was postmarked from another state, yet nonetheless read:

"Altho Duncan-Nazr-Rasho combined reads:
5-16 fgs
8 rebounds
5 assists

vs Kwame-Mihm-Lamar Odor
13-20 fgs
22 rebounds
12 assists

I am glad you did not show any flexibility, common hoop sense and strategy and pull any of the above Spurs for a fresh set of legs.  That would be bandwaggoning.  It is more important that the above Spurs stayed in and we lose.  I watched the game at the Laker House with my Laker Krishna buddies.  I was so glad you did not change a thing.  Altho the Spurs frontline was getting worked and Phil even put in Cook and Bynum for a while, you should have stayed with the above three as you did Pop.  

signed,
Spurs Krishna[/size]"

Pop also hung this on his wall.

guest-koast

lakers beat spurs
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 03:44:10 PM »

Of course it's not, Reality -- but obviously, Pop hasn't gotten the memo about how great a player fabs is (or how horrible Finley is).  Of course, if you were coaching it would be a different thing -- but then the rest of the league wouldn't be worried about the Spurs anymore either!   :rofl:
Spursx3, the Lakers played well but really the Spurs had NO energy and that made all the difference.   I would be frustrated too if I were a Spurs fan because regardless if it was a back to back the first night no Amare/Nash and then the second night was a Laker team that is nowhere near the level of this Spurs team.  If the Spurs won more back to back games people would be wondering if they could beat the Bulls record instead of Detroit earlier in the season.

Right Randy  :rolleyes:

The Reality Spurs would be the toughest team in the league...

Duncan would play 10 minutes a game the entire season to rest him for the playoffs.

Flabs would be the starting center and would play 48 minutes a game.  Manu would also play 48 minutes a game.  Being a superfriend he could handle it.

Brent Barry would be brought in for defensive purposes now and would take Bowen's job of guarding the best player on the other squad.

Defense, the thing that has made the Spurs one of the best teams for a while now, would be replaced with offense.   Out with Pop's defense and in with the Stanford offense.  New motto "the best defense is offense"

Eva longoria would become the new defensive coach.

Tony Parker would no longer be the #2 scoring option on this team even though he has been since he came into the league.  Why would you need someone who shoots 54% to take shots when you can have Manu (the REAL 2nd option in Realityville :rolleyes: ) take more 3s?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
lakers beat spurs
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 06:54:38 PM »
yes, we all now know what a HUGE error it was to leave Tim and Nazr on the floor while Fabs wastes away on the bench...perhaps he will be Pops secret weapon come playoff time.  Fabs will go off and average 63pts 43rebs and 30blks per game his playoff run....then we shall all be truly humbled by Reality and his wisdom in all things Oberto.

:crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
lakers beat spurs
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 12:51:25 PM »
KoastieKoast, Randy, LFanDandow and SpursXs3 were all at the NewportBu Starbucks.

The Lakers had a model for the Spurs to follow, and Xs3 was excitedly listening.

KoastieKoast ordered his Orange Mocha Frappacino and began to relate the plan.
"Well, 1st off, you trade Tim Dunkan to an East Conference team."  SpursXs3 was perplexed.  "Trade Tim Dunkan?  But Reality says he could still do fine in the playoffs, esp if he gets proper rest."  Giggles erupted thru the Laker gathering.  "What does Reality know?  Dunkan is old and his contract is too high."

Westkoast continued, "now, you trade Manu."  Xs3 said "But Reality said he plays great team ball in all facets, shoots scores, plays team D, assists, tips passes, just a great player."  More giggles erupted from the boys.  "Since when has Manu Gnobilli EVER averaged over 30 points a game?" said Randolph.  "Case closed".  "Yeah but Reality said Kobe is .500 or less without Shaq, so why should GNob go for 30 pts a game?"  LFanDan chimed in, "Keep Dunkan and GNobili, thats asanine.  We would expect that from someone called Reality" as he poured some Bushmills into his decaffe.  "Gnobili is only a 3rd scoring option" repeated Westkoast.  "Yeah but Reality said many games GNob is the #1 or #2 scoring option like in the Finals vs Detroit some games." said Xs3.  Westkoast ordered Xs3 another cappacino and taco and told him to listen some more.

"Now that you have gotten rid of Dunkan and GNob, start Michael Finley.  Also bench everyone else, use only 5 players the whole game." said WestKoast.  "I'm down with that plan 100%" exclaimed SpursXs3.  Carista the Barista, another round for everyone!"  

Thus to the groups joy, the Spurs went under .500 for the next 6 years.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:39:01 PM by Reality »