Author Topic: The silence is deafening  (Read 3768 times)

guest-koast

The silence is deafening
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 11:36:40 PM »
Good win by the Lakers...that slow reacting Spurs defense helped quite a bit.   :D

The losses on back-to-backs is a common theme in the Spurs losses this year.  8 of their losses have been on the second night of a b2b.  As SpursX3 says it isn't an excuse....just a problem.  This last week was a perfect example.  Beat the Lakers soundly in LA Monday, Tuesday fall flat in the same arena against the Clips, Wednesday rest, beat up on a depleted Suns team on Thursday, travel to SA and play Lakers again.  And what another pitiful energy performance by the Spurs.  Slow rotations on defense.  Half assed cuts and picks on offense.

But then there is one other factor that you Laker fans should relate to....the Spurs are defending champs.  Therefore all the other teams look at the Spurs game as something a little special...to beat the champs.  I know many of you have acknowledge the same when the Lakers were on top.  It demands a higher level of focus & energy in every game.  Part of why they say it is so hard to repeat.
Not to mention the Spurs have played the most games out of any team in the last 3 years...that includes some of their players leaving to play in the summer games also.

Everyone wants a piece of the Spurs.  Being able to beat a team that talented is a pick me up, especially for .500 teams.  Its just the frustration knowing your team should mop the floor with certain teams only to see them not even care about the game that is going on.

Like X3 said, there is no back to back games in the playoffs.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »
The chance to prove they got what it takes to take on a superhuman marvel like Fabs Oberto.  I think Reality would agree this would be the NUMBER ONE reason for such inspired game play by other teams when SA is on the schedule...

Beno Udrih came in and knocked down 2-2 on treys and scored 10 points in the middle of a fairly close game.

You could write the Spurs and tell them to keep him out of any game also. :ding:  :rofl:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 01:57:06 PM »
The chance to prove they got what it takes to take on a superhuman marvel like Fabs Oberto.  I think Reality would agree this would be the NUMBER ONE reason for such inspired game play by other teams when SA is on the schedule...

Beno Udrih came in and knocked down 2-2 on treys and scored 10 points in the middle of a fairly close game.

You could write the Spurs and tell them to keep him out of any game also. :ding:  :rofl:
This is the Reality one-two step for those who want to learn:

When a player he dislikes has one bad game (See Finley) they get quirky little negative nicknames.  When that same player has a good game its 'lets see him continue to do that'

When a player he likes has a good game (see Uridh) he deserves alot more playing time and anyone who doesnt agree is dumb for not wanting him to now all the sudden get 20 minutes a game.  If that same player has a bad game, Reality does his best impression of Casper the Ghost.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 02:01:34 PM »

When a player he dislikes has one bad game (See Finley) they get quirky little negative nicknames.  When that same player has a good game its 'lets see him continue to do that'

When a player he likes has a good game (see Uridh) he deserves alot more playing time and anyone who doesnt agree is dumb for not wanting him to now all the sudden get 20 minutes a game.  If that same player has a bad game, Reality does his best impression of Casper the Ghost.
 :rofl:  Hey Rug Liar,

Dig your Laker math.  When a player has 50 bad games (Fins), Reality will suggest he improve his game.  When he rightfully does so, Reality will be happy he has improved and is helping the Spurs win.

Another Frappacino for WestKoast, Carista.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »

When a player he dislikes has one bad game (See Finley) they get quirky little negative nicknames.  When that same player has a good game its 'lets see him continue to do that'

When a player he likes has a good game (see Uridh) he deserves alot more playing time and anyone who doesnt agree is dumb for not wanting him to now all the sudden get 20 minutes a game.  If that same player has a bad game, Reality does his best impression of Casper the Ghost.
:rofl:  Hey Rug Liar,

Dig your Laker math.  When a player has 50 bad games (Fins), Reality will suggest he improve his game.
LOL the irony of you calling someone a liar then turning around and saying this...

Really tho, I guess its hard for you to know if players have bad games if you are always living in the box score.  I guarentee Lurker, x3, and 101 (real Spurs fans) will say the exact opposite.

Hay how come no talk about how poorly Manu is playing over the last few weeks if you were doing the same for Finley?!?!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

Hay how come no talk about how poorly Manu is playing over the last few weeks if you were doing the same for Finley?!?!
*cue the crickets*

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 04:49:40 PM »
*cue the crickets*
Naw.  They're ignoring the lies also.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The silence is deafening
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »
*cue the crickets*
Naw.  They're ignoring the lies also.
Is that like George Bush ignoring the threats of 9/11 ?