Author Topic: Darko Milicic  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:43:53 AM »
Looks like he's off to a decent start with Orlando Magic.

Which one of you Fantacy has him on your team?  should be a little boost.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 10:44:50 AM by Reality »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:52:41 AM »
the only discernible category he's helping anyone in is blocks.  otherwise he's averaging about 6 pts, 5 rebounds and 1.5 ftm over the last 3.  Not exactly a boost.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:08:47 AM »
He showed a little flash of what he could do footwork wise in the post last night.  Not exactly playing quality post defenders but he does look like he could develop some nice moves down on the block given more playing time.

Problem is he looks like someone whos never played in the league more times than not.  I am sure that has to do with him getting very little playing time but he was pretty hyped off the bat.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 01:40:41 PM »
the only discernible category he's helping anyone in is blocks.  otherwise he's averaging about 6 pts, 5 rebounds and 1.5 ftm over the last 3.  Not exactly a boost.
When up from zero tho, doesn't that constitute a boost?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 01:50:47 PM »
Point of reference isn't zero, Reality, its the production of the player that has to be dropped from your roster for you to add Darko.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

Darko Milicic
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 02:03:05 PM »
the only discernible category he's helping anyone in is blocks.  otherwise he's averaging about 6 pts, 5 rebounds and 1.5 ftm over the last 3.  Not exactly a boost.
When up from zero tho, doesn't that constitute a boost?
To add someone, who at this point has so little value, isn't as much as adding them but dropping someone else.  Of course, I'm not sure that someone (perhaps Lurker) didn't already pick him up?  He definately is going to get the opportunity to play minutes in Orlando -- but he needs a BIG boost of confidence to start doing anything at this point.  

Orroyo was a bigger fantasy pickup, IMO -- was it skander or wolvy that picked him up?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »
Me.   :D

...here's hopin'
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Darko Milicic
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 03:29:17 PM »
Yea...I picked up Milicic.  Figured he would finally see floor time in Orlando.  Who I dropped?  Motumbo.  Ever since Okafor hit the injured list I have struggled to find a center who can contribute.  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues