Author Topic: Barry was almost traded?  (Read 942 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry was almost traded?
« on: February 24, 2006, 01:14:16 PM »
Spurs' Barry Nearly Dealt
LAST UPDATE: 2/24/2006 1:48:18 AM
Posted By: Kori Ellis
This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.

As reported by Ticket760's Don Harris on Thursday afternoon, the Spurs nearly traded Brent Barry before the trade deadline but the deal fell through.

Brent's father Rick Barry said on 680 KNBR radio that Brent had called him earlier in the day and told him that he might be traded. Brent was told that he wouldn't be making the road trip to Memphis.

Later in his radio show, Rick said the trade was fell through but provided no details.

Johnny Ludden of the San Antonio Express News is reporting that the deal was with the Hornets for J.R. Smith.

Ludden explains, "The deal unraveled near the league's 2 p.m. trade deadline, which was an hour before the Spurs were scheduled to depart. After Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told Barry the trade was dead, Barry accompanied the team here."

Wow wonder how BB is feeling.
Barry is still in great company and can make a positive out of this.  Bob Horry was almost traded by Houston.  Just prior to the back to back titles.

Guest_Randy

Barry was almost traded?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 01:20:07 PM »
There were some far worse trades that were at least "considered" -- if you listen to sports analysts:

1)  Cavs wanted Lamar Odom for Damon Jones and change.

2)  AI for Watson, Nene and change.

My understanding is that Philly was actually considering #2 for a moment --  :unsure: !

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Barry was almost traded?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:11:54 PM »
There were some far worse trades that were at least "considered" -- if you listen to sports analysts:

the fake ones could go on and on.

I'm interested in the real ones.  If Barry told his dad the Spurs told him not to board the plane, I'm taking that as real.  Also WOAIs Kori Ellis reported it, she is assigned to Spurs beat and has been very accurate in the past.

Now for more speculation that may or may not be true:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/45757