Author Topic: Phil Jackson blames refs  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil Jackson blames refs
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:33:16 AM »
"I thought it was really a poorly refereed ball game," he said. "I know there's a lot of pressure on the refs when they come here because Mark has them review the tapes and send them into the league. These guys are nervous Nellies when they come in to referee in this building. But they have to do a better job than they're doing. That's not acceptable."

:rofl:  Review the tapes.  Heaven forbid that ever happen to a Purple n Golden Phil team.

"Jackson kept the players huddled on the sideline despite referees' warnings to break it up after a timeout had elapsed with 1:08 to play.....It was a silent protest by Jackson."

Jackson went on to say that technical fouls are something to be assessed to other teams, not the Lakers.  "We are looking into having Steve Javie ref every Laker game."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/n...eadlines-sports

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil Jackson blames refs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 11:08:12 AM »
There was plenty of bad calls and non-calls especially when it came to contact on the perimeter but......

Blame the fact that the Lakers allowed Jason Terry and Daniels to get like 6 layups in a row while they went to the other end so Luke Walton, Kobe Bryant, Devean "Dont mind my 3 airballs" George, and Sasha could miss 3s at the end of the 3rd.     That was why they lost the game.  It shifted the momentum back to Dallas all the while Dirk was resting.  The Lakers then went on to go 0-12 in the first 5 minutes of the 4th.

Are the refs helping the Lakers this season or not Reality?  They are being pretty inconsistant.  You would think with this super secret agenda you have uncovered from David Stern that they would at least help them win more than 1 game on this road trip.  Or did you uncover something that isnt there, like the amount of talent Fabs has compared to his fellow Spurs big men?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:09:47 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil Jackson blames refs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »
Are the refs helping the Lakers this season or not Reality?
Phil says they are not.

Could Phil be wrong? :eek2:  :eek2:  

guest-koast

Phil Jackson blames refs
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:12:29 PM »
Mark Cuban shows he really doesn't know the definition of sarcasm

: "For whatever reason, I have gotten to Phil so completely and thoroughly that every time he comes to Dallas he has to offer unsolicited comments about me to the media. How can the NBA coach with so many championship rings find me so intimidating ? I really dont know, but he said as much in December when he called me an 'intimidating force' to the LA Times."

From his blog today  :D