Author Topic: Best win by the Sixers all year.  (Read 1815 times)

rickortreat

Best win by the Sixers all year.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »
So far I would give Mo a C, for doing an above-average job.  He continues to try to develop the young players and give them a shot and has CWebb and AI producing as the best tandem in the league.

They aren't winning as many games as they should because they are defensively challenged.  And many of their players are young and inexperienced.  

Apart from Iverson and Webber, they are all young players.  They all have skills and abilities but are by no means seasoned professionals or confident in their abilities.  They haven't been coached well enough prior to now, and it takes a long time and a lot of work to turn raw talent into a well-coached, disciplined team.

Dalembert is the best shot-blocker in the league but still gets caught out of position and picks up too many fouls.  Igoudala has flashes of brilliance, but dissapears on the court at times.  Korver is one of the better outside shooters in the game, but some nights he's just not on.  He's their only real outside threat, and beyond that he's not a good passer, dribbler or rebounder.  

The above mentioned players are their starting 5, which means they're the best of the group, as far as Cheeks is concerned.  Note that Korver's limitations have put him out of the lineup in favor of John Salmons, who is really a better all around ball player, but not as good an outside shooter.

I expected it would take at least half a season for the Sixers to come together, and they still are far from being a finished product.  They are finally starting to learn how to play together and play adequate defence.  

Those of you who think Mo has done a below-average job, I'd like to ask what do you think he should have accomplished with the team thus far that he hasn't done.  Realistically, he's done about as well as he could have.