Author Topic: Vince Carter: Pendejo supremo  (Read 2795 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Vince Carter: Pendejo supremo
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 05:04:04 PM »
If Tim Duncan scored 81 they'd be throwing him a parade and everyone would be kissing his butt. 

A lot of people hate Kobe and they always will, no matter what he does he can't win in their eyes.  

If he scores 81 and the team wins - he's a ballhog. 

If he scores 81 and the team loses - he's a ballhog. 

If the team loses and he scores 10 pts w/10 assists - he's nothing without Shaq. 

If his team doesn't make the playoffs - it's his fault

If his team does make the playoffs - He's a ballhog.
Well some of those are justified MSC...

Of course Tim Duncan would have a party thrown for him because he has a great media image.  Its the same reason why MJ got a pass for this same thing  even though he is the real reason kids want to play 1 on 5 to score 45 and make the winning bucket.  The media is kissing Kobe's butt right now.  Its players like Vince Carter who are asked in the fashion of 'hay you use to be able to score alot on a consistant basis you can remember how it is, what do you think of Kobe's 81'  who are salty.

If the Lakers dont make the playoffs it is Kobe's fault seeing as he is the leader and best player on this squad.  If they dont get to the playoffs then people will say 'maybe he should have passed more because all that shooting didnt work' and IMO they would be justified saying that.
westkoast, I'm not saying they're not justified.  I just feel like Kobe is 'damned if he do and damned if he don't' at this point in his career and probably indefinitely.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »
I just feel like Kobe is 'damned if he do and damned if he don't' at this point in his career and probably indefinitely.
Of course he is.  Unless he is traded or signed by another team.  But until then he is a Laker and thus damned.

It is such a simple concept and you Laker fans have such a difficult time grasping it.   :bash:

:nod:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 05:41:50 PM »
I just feel like Kobe is 'damned if he do and damned if he don't' at this point in his career and probably indefinitely.
Of course he is.  Unless he is traded or signed by another team.  But until then he is a Laker and thus damned.

It is such a simple concept and you Laker fans have such a difficult time grasping it.   :bash:

:nod:
Let's be real.  It would be like that anywhere he goes because he put himself in that position.  1 because he cant keep his pants on and 2 partially because of the whiny baby fights him and Shaq had.  Since Shaq is so likable everything was dropped on Kobe.

If only we had someone like Fabs.....someone who has hair to woos San Diego residents and dominates all 3 minutes a game he plays.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 04:13:22 AM »
If the team loses and he scores 10 pts w/10 assists - he's nothing without Shaq.  

If he gets 10 assists in a game this year, that will impress me as much as his 81.

He would be joining

DWade
Allen Iverson
LeBron James
G. Arenas
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Chauncey Billups
Boris Diaw
Paul Pierce
Miller, Mike

you know, the guards who shoot.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »

If he gets 10 assists in a game this year, that will impress me as much as his 81.

He would be joining

DWade
Allen Iverson
LeBron James
G. Arenas
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Chauncey Billups
Boris Diaw
Paul Pierce
Miller, Mike

you know, the guards who shoot.
Reality I don't get your post, but that's nothing new.  

If Kobe averaged 10/10 and the Lakers went 34-48 and ended up the 12th seed in the West, you know as well as I do people would be rousting Kobe for not being able to carry a team.  Yeah, the selfish stigma would dissipate, but then the focus would shift to the "he's nothing without Shaq", "it was a bad trade", yada, yada, yada.  

Bottom line is Kobe is going to do whatever it takes to win.  Everyone involved wants it to be more like the first 3/4 of December where he was getting 7,8,9 assits and scoring in the 20's.  We all want that, fans, coaches, teammates and Kobe.  Hopefully, as a team they can develop that balance, but until they get it on a consistent basis there are going to be nights like Sunday where Kobe says "ef it, I tried to get everyone involved in the first half, NO ONE is stepping up, so I will".  

I'd rather have 62 pts and 0 assists and a 'W', then 25 pts 15 assists and a 'L'.  It's definitely not my preferred method to accomplish the 'W', but it beats the heck out of the alternative.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 01:13:35 PM »
Reality I don't get your post, but that's nothing new.  

Bottom line is Kobe is going to do whatever it takes to win.  Everyone involved wants it to be more like the first 3/4 of December where he was getting 7,8,9 assits and scoring in the 20's.  We all want that, fans, coaches, teammates and Kobe.  Hopefully, as a team they can develop that balance, but until they get it on a consistent basis there are going to be nights like Sunday where Kobe says "ef it, I tried to get everyone involved in the first half, NO ONE is stepping up, so I will".  

I'd rather have 62 pts and 0 assists and a 'W', then 25 pts 15 assists and a 'L'.  It's definitely not my preferred method to accomplish the 'W', but it beats the heck out of the alternative.
No problem.  Asking is all it takes.

Those other shooting guards all have 10+ assists at least once this year.  Kobe does not.

Now msc you know if Kobe averaged 25 and 15 assists the Lakers would be over .600 and battling in the 2nd Round.  Look at early Dec when he was *only* 28 and 8.

If he can keep up his f.g.% with the # of attempts then he is  :hail: top 5.
He can't, and it's not gonna work against playoff teams.  Altho the Dallas game :eek2:
I'm more impressed with the Dallas game then 81 Toronto.  Torontos D was a joke.
Still this is Kobe 45 pt ave 58% fg streak.  Nothing but props.

Also maybe Turiaf can give 10 minutes after all. :up: