Author Topic: WOW -- quite a bday present from the Lakers . . .  (Read 1625 times)

Guest_Randy

WOW -- quite a bday present from the Lakers . . .
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »
Kobe and company SCORCHED the Sixers (hmm, how about that Rick?  :rofl:) -- Iggy MUST have had a difficult time containing Kobe since he went for 48.  

Let's see -- in Kobe's return from suspension:  2 games:  50 points and 48 points.  2 Lakers wins (after a four game losing streak).

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:27:28 AM »
Can't blame that one on Iggy.  Kobe was sinking 30 ft jumpshots like they were layups.  Iggy had a hand in pretty much every one of his shots.  When Kobe's on he beats good defense, and he was on.

rickortreat

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 12:47:44 PM »
The whole Lakers team shot lights out led by Kobe.  It was like they couldn' t miss a shot.

It wasn't that the Sixers weren't trying, but any Laker could throw up a shot from the outside and it would go in.  The Lakers shot over 60% for most of the game and ended up shooting for .585, blowing the Sixers out of the building.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 01:06:25 PM »
Can't blame that one on Iggy.  Kobe was sinking 30 ft jumpshots like they were layups.  Iggy had a hand in pretty much every one of his shots.  When Kobe's on he beats good defense, and he was on.
I thought Ig played good defense on him despite the amount of points Kobe had.  There is nothing good defenders can do against great offensive players like Kobe and AI.  He forced Kobe to take tough shots and he nailed them.  Like they say in that situation "Force him into a tough shot, if he makes it give him his props and start towards the other end of the floor"  Kobe was nailing pull up 30 foot 3 pointers, thats actually the shot you rather have him take than driving to the paint.   If I was Mo Cheeks I would be happy that Ig was able to force some turnovers and gave up only a few easy looks (mainly got open looks cuz no one was rotating to help Igs).  Even Kobe said after the game that Andre is a good defender and has alot of length to him so I think that about says it all.  The rest of the team defense was pretty bad for the Sixers.  Sure the Lakers were on fire but when a team is on fire that does not mean you give them wide open shots.  A few plays Brian Cook and Smush Parker were givin alot more space that I thought they should have been givin.  Getting torched by the Lakers backcourt is one thing but to have Brian Cook burn you?!

I also thought Smush Parker played good defense on AI even tho AI scored his usual 30+.  There is only so much you can ask of players when they are guarding someone of his caliber.  You will not stop him but at least don't give him practice drills for 48 minutes.

Ever since the NBA put the 3-point line in no two players on any team have ever made 12 of 12 shots.  In fact no two players have made all their 3 point shots in one game if they shot over 5 3's.  Smush and Kobe are the only two players to ever shoot 100% from beyond the arc.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:15:13 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 01:07:35 AM »
Ever since the NBA put the 3-point line in no two players on any team have ever made 12 of 12 shots.  In fact no two players have made all their 3 point shots in one game if they shot over 5 3's.  Smush and Kobe are the only two players to ever shoot 100% from beyond the arc.
I knew some kind of coma was in progress.
While Kobadiah was definitely the star of that game, Smush was a key and 2nd place.  

AI actually met Kobme hoop for hoop into the third, with AI going 9-11.  But Kobe and Smushs 3 pters were...as you wrote history making while AI went on to clank.

rt and dabods why is Korver on the court more minutes then any other Sixer this game?  If he is not hitting 3 pters, how does he benefit the Sixers?  His D looked very weak arsed vs Lakers.  Salmos looked much better.  And what became of our Dukie rookie?  I'm sorry but I don't see intelligence coming from Mo'bert.  Not only for Korver getting the most minutes but I see AI making these nifty decoy offensive moves then hitting Dalembert who is either

a.  Not even ready for the pass
b.  AI looked like he rifled a few too hard, unless in practive its been told Xs10 for Dalembert to be ready when A.I. is O decoying.  I definitely saw some discouragement in AIs face on one particular dish he made that Dalembert totally butterfingered under the hoop.  Again, i dont see Moberts touch equalling intelligible ball.   They seem so streaky.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 09:25:42 AM »
I figured Kobe would have a spectacular game after missing two games because of the suspension.  There was alot of talk about Kobe vs AI and that if Kobe tried to show up AI the Lakers would lose.  I thought that might be the case since everyone except Kobe/Odom/Parker need to be setup to shot.  Odom is really not a Laker you can count on and Parker is far from prime time so I knew a good team effort would be needed and I hoped that the Lakers would not have a drop off because Kobe was back.  Good game, I heard the game vs the Clips was even better.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:30:51 AM »
I figured Kobe would have a spectacular game after missing two games because of the suspension.  There was alot of talk about Kobe vs AI and that if Kobe tried to show up AI the Lakers would lose.  I thought that might be the case since everyone except Kobe/Odom/Parker need to be setup to shot.  Odom is really not a Laker you can count on and Parker is far from prime time so I knew a good team effort would be needed and I hoped that the Lakers would not have a drop off because Kobe was back.  Good game, I heard the game vs the Clips was even better.
Parker is far from prime time but he is making quite a name for himself.  A hell of alot better than what we had last year at that spot   :D   The consitency is still a little iffy at this point but I think his confidence is really on the upswing.  The fans really seem to love him.

The Clipper game was good because it was a slugfest for the most part.  Kobe did pretty good in the second half against the Clippers but they did a good job on him in the first half, even with out Corey Magette.  He shot like crapola tho.  Took something like 40 shots.  Not acceptable, even in a win.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:32:22 AM by westkoast »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 12:08:49 PM »
rt and dabods why is Korver on the court more minutes then any other Sixer this game? If he is not hitting 3 pters, how does he benefit the Sixers? His D looked very weak arsed vs Lakers

Because John Salmons stinks (sorry, you saw "vintage" Salmons that game, which was really the first one since November), Lee Nailon makes Korver look like Scottie Pippen defensively, and Matt Barnes is too limited.

Plus, Korver was out playing with the 2nd string as a guiding influence when the game was out of hand.  That's why his minutes were up so high.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »
rt and dabods why is Korver on the court more minutes then any other Sixer this game? If he is not hitting 3 pters, how does he benefit the Sixers? His D looked very weak arsed vs Lakers

Because John Salmons stinks (sorry, you saw "vintage" Salmons that game, which was really the first one since November), Lee Nailon makes Korver look like Scottie Pippen defensively, and Matt Barnes is too limited.

Plus, Korver was out playing with the 2nd string as a guiding influence when the game was out of hand.  That's why his minutes were up so high.
Normally he shoots alot better than he did in the game also.  Does he normally shoot so quickly coming off a screen?  I think I saw him take like 3 or so shots off a screen where he was falling to his side and not getting squared up.  Granted he nailed one but thats a pretty damn tough shot to take.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »

so why not pour another glass of vintage for the night?

Dalembert and A.I. not even on the same page when AI whips him a pass.  What up with that?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
koast: yeah, he does that all the time.  That's how he gets his shots.  He has the quickest release I've seen in a long time.  Believe it or not those are quality shots for him.  It's really amazing to watch when he's on.

Reality: Dalembert's not on any age offensively.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 04:12:01 PM »
koast: yeah, he does that all the time.  That's how he gets his shots.  He has the quickest release I've seen in a long time.  Believe it or not those are quality shots for him.  It's really amazing to watch when he's on.

Reality: Dalembert's not on any age offensively.
Oh thats his pet shot? Okay that makes more sense.  I know hes a shooter but I thought he was more of a square his shoulders type shooter.