Author Topic: What happened to the Blazers  (Read 1217 times)

Guest_Reality

What happened to the Blazers
« on: March 06, 2004, 01:16:30 AM »
5 Ws followed by 4 Ls and counting...

and last nights welcoming back Sheed by submitting to a beat down.  What was that?  Final score not indicating actual game.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 02:18:32 AM »
It's pretty obvious, if you watch them play, that Randolph and SAR aren't compatible on the same floor.  The trade deadline has already passed but you can bank on the fact that one of these players is out of Portland this summer -- for Portland's sake, I hope it's Randolph.  I don't think that Portland will get a premier player for Randolph but the should get a solid star and possible another player (my suggestion is Seattle for Rashard Lewis and Ronald Murray).  I'm not sure that Portland could do any better.  

I think Portland is going to have to do some rebuilding -- and I think it's something that Portland fans will welcome, as long as it doesn't take too long, the players are fun to watch and they work hard and the players clean up this teams image.  Portland has been a HUGE basketball city -- much akin to the same world of SacTown and Salt Lake City -- I think they can get that back IF they can get some players who will at least strive for the right image.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 08:51:25 PM »
OH NO  :blink: :wacko:  This is bad    :angry:   I am in near agreement with Randy   :o   :P  

Actually I agree with Randy; Zach and Rahim haven't figured out how to play together, and until they do they will struggle.  Rahim also needs to get some cajones, and be a man.  He is supposed to be a tough go to guy.  His performance at the end of the Laker game was encouraging.  Since then though he has been deferring to everybody else.  I am unsure which one needs to go, but they have the rest of this season to figure it out.  After that they need to make a move.  Rashard Lewis is not a bad option, but I would shoot higher and see what options rise to the surface.  Damon has played well, but thye need to move beyond the Damon era.  To bad Andre Miller signed last year.  Same with Dale Davis.  Perhaps they can package Davis and a draft pick for a much higher pick, or a quality player.
Overall though I am happy with the moves.  We are just as bad as before the trades, and now we don't have the headaches.  I say give the rest of the season, and see what results.  It is always darkest before the dawn.  
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil