Author Topic: spurs lose to new orleans...  (Read 3251 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
spurs lose to new orleans...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 05:19:11 PM »
xs3 wrote: "You may actually see Fabs getting more minutes than Nazr after the all star break to get him ready for the playoffs as well, especially since he will be with us for a few years."  

Now there is some logic.
More like wishful and desperate thinking.

Flabs Obencho will only get time if the Spurs bigs go down.  If the Spurs stay injury free, the kid who wipes the sweat of the court after a player falls down will get more time on the court than Flabs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 05:34:32 PM »
xs3 wrote: "You may actually see Fabs getting more minutes than Nazr after the all star break to get him ready for the playoffs as well, especially since he will be with us for a few years." 

Now there is some logic.

Flabs Obencho will only get time if the Spurs bigs go down.  If the Spurs stay injury free, the kid who wipes the sweat of the court after a player falls down will get more time on the court than Flabs.
There is no way that the Spurs would sign this guy to the contract he has to sit on the bench as much as you make it sound like he will.  I mean they already hjad Sean Marks if they really wanted that.  Fabs contract is too high to stay on the bench for good.  Pop will get on this guys arse to play harder, and I am sure Manu will put pressure on him as well.  I am not saying this guyn is the greatest thing in the league or anything like that, but Pop WILL want a return on the investment soon.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 06:02:32 PM »

Now there is some logic.

There is no way that the Spurs would sign this guy to the contract he has to sit on the bench as much as you make it sound like he will.  I mean they already hjad Sean Marks if they really wanted that.  Fabs contract is too high to stay on the bench for good.  Pop will get on this guys arse to play harder, and I am sure Manu will put pressure on him as well.  I am not saying this guyn is the greatest thing in the league or anything like that, but Pop WILL want a return on the investment soon.
I dont think he will sit on the bench for good but Pop is not the type of guy to play a person just because they have a big contract.  He plays the guys who he thinks work best in his system and get the job done, right now it doesnt look like "Fabs" is that guy at the moment.  If he was then Pop would play him more minutes.  IMO it has to do with his defense.  Anyone can shoot jump shots but not everyone can play tough nose defense in the paint.

The Spurs are not twinkies...they are not soft in the middle and that is why they are the best team in the league.  Do you want someone to alter shots and rebound or a guy who can hit a jump shot that 200 other players can do?  Not to mention theres like 5 guys on the team who can flat out shoot.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 09:49:12 AM »

Now there is some logic.

Hmm, really?  No way that the Spurs pay him this kind of a contract to sit the bench?  You mean the way they were paying Malik Rose fat money to ride the pine?  Nope, no way they would do that (even though they have in the past).

Face it, the guy MIGHT be a decent back-up -- but right now he can't even beat out RASHO for playing time!!!   :rofl:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 04:46:01 PM »

Now there is some logic.

Hmm, really?  No way that the Spurs pay him this kind of a contract to sit the bench?  You mean the way they were paying Malik Rose fat money to ride the pine?  Nope, no way they would do that (even though they have in the past).

Face it, the guy MIGHT be a decent back-up -- but right now he can't even beat out RASHO for playing time!!!   :rofl:
good point.  

However I am still not ready to throw ion the towel on Oberto.  While I am not as hyped on Oberto as Reality is, I will still wait and see what pans out withy the guy, I DO expect the Spurs to look for a return on the investment and start pushing him.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 04:57:45 PM »
Fabs contract is too high to stay on the bench for good.  Pop will get on this guys arse to play harder, and I am sure Manu will put pressure on him as well.
good point.  

However I am still not ready to throw ion the towel on Oberto.  While I am not as hyped on Oberto as Reality is, I will still wait and see what pans out withy the guy, I DO expect the Spurs to look for a return on the investment and start pushing him. [/quote]
 Why do you say pushing him as if he is not exerting himself as hard as he can at present :huh:   I see Oberto effort on the floor.

If Pop is simply going to elect not to play him, what can he do?
Xs3 I have seen Duncan in for the final minute of games where Spurs are up 10+ many times this year with Fabs on the bench.  What's the point?  Pop is a defensive  :hail:  :hail: but he is no offensive genius.  Props to him last year for acquiesing and letting the Spurs run when appropriate.

Just as Pop for a time had some kind of grudge against Malik, does he have some beef with Oberto?  Malik and Pop left on great terms, Malik said they butted heads plenty of times but he respected him nonetheless.

Perhaps Pops wife likes Obertos long silky hair and Pop notices and is pissed.  

For the Laker whiners who think Berto is a bust, ha! we have 75% of the reg season left and then the real season -the playoffs.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 05:03:15 PM »
I DO expect the Spurs to look for a return on the investment and start pushing him.
They're going to push his weak arse out the door.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 05:06:22 PM »
For the Laker whiners who think Berto is a bust, ha! we have 75% of the reg season left and then the real season -the playoffs.
For the FAR less gifted than I, we could have 99.99% of the season left and it STILL would not make a difference for Flabs ObenchO.

Maybe Flabs Obencho and Darko Milisecond could sell pretzels durring games to keep the heart pumping and actually EARN some of that cash they're getting.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 05:14:29 PM »
Maybe Flabs Obencho and Darko Milisecond could sell pretzels durring games to keep the heart pumping and actually EARN some of that cash they're getting.
Or they could make a documentary on why Kobme shoots so much and the Lakers were/are? out of the playoffs.

Darko being all of 21 and Fabs being in his 1st year with The Championship Machine :up:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 05:20:44 PM »
Or they could make a documentary on why Kobme shoots so much and the Lakers were/are? out of the playoffs.

That's fine by me, at least Flabs would be doing SOMETHING.  Plus he's gotten real good at sitting on the bench, he could probably film the whole movie from there.

Darko being all of 21 and Fabs being in his 1st year with The Championship Machine :up:

How may titles does that "Championship Machine" have?  Oh that's right, they are TIED with Kobe.  We really wouldn't want to compare franchise championships cause you'd have to take off your shoes to count that high for the Lakers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 10:38:38 PM »

That's fine by me, at least Flabs would be doing SOMETHING.  Plus he's gotten real good at sitting on the bench, he could probably film the whole movie from there.

How may titles does that "Championship Machine" have?  Oh that's right, they are TIED with Kobe.  We really wouldn't want to compare franchise championships cause you'd have to take off your shoes to count that high for the Lakers.
I just love the way Wow tries to make it sound as if he is a lost cause this far into the season.   :rofl:

Randy could have a point, but he could also be wrong, no biggie, I will wait to see what this guy can do.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005, 09:37:05 AM »

I just love the way Wow tries to make it sound as if he is a lost cause this far into the season.   :rofl:

Randy could have a point, but he could also be wrong, no biggie, I will wait to see what this guy can do.
I am not trying or guessing, I know what this guy is going to be, I posted it before the season started.

I'm actually surprised he's doing worse than I thought.  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 09:42:43 AM »
You REALLY need to make sure you post these things under the right name -- you've slipped up a lot lately!

As for Beto, it's okay -- we have always known you were a closet Spurs fan!!!  But try this sometime:  "okay, I was w r o n g!!!"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2005, 09:54:20 AM »
You REALLY need to make sure you post these things under the right name -- you've slipped up a lot lately!

As for Beto, it's okay -- we have always known you were a closet Spurs fan!!!  But try this sometime:  "okay, I was w r o n g!!!"
WTF!  Are you a product of the Dover School system?

I've been saying Bencho will be nothing in this league, I'm just giving Reality a hard time about being sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong AGAIN!  Reality is just NOT in my league as far as b-ball smarts, he's more of a WNBA level type of armchair basket "balla".  Apartently there are a buch of "And One" ballers reading my posts and getting confused.

JoMal and Skader, where art thou!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"