Author Topic: Rebounds = Rings  (Read 5283 times)

Guest_Randy

Rebounds = Rings
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 06:41:16 PM »
Lakers picked up Michele Thompsan in another **trade** midway thru the 87 season. They needed a forward badly, only the Laker House trivial pursuit game will tell you who they had to **give up** to recieve Thompson. Almost as good as Gail Goodrich for Magic.

You continue you VERY twisted idea of reality.

How did the Lakers end up with the #1 pick?  Because at that time, IF a team signed your free agent, then they had to compensate the other team.  The NO Jazz signed Laker's free agent Goodrich and gave the Lakers THREE pics, including their first round draft pick in '79 -- THREE YEARS after Goodrich was signed.  The Jazz had a horrible year and the Lakers ended up with the #1 pick of the draft -- picking Magic (the Jazz had NO clue where that draft pick would fall or who would be available at the time).  It was blind luck -- much the same way that the Spurs got TD -- wouldn't you agree?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Rebounds = Rings
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 07:18:17 PM »
Yeah WOW Coop and Magic walking down the tunnel making coke remarks when they thought CBS had the mics off.
Just cause you hear voices in your head doesn't mean they're comming from Magic and Coop.

Got a link?

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

rickortreat

Rebounds = Rings
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 09:00:56 PM »
I still dont see how offense is more important than defense when consistancy is something any pro team needs to be a champion. Offense in any sport is not consistant and never will be. Defense however is only inconsistant when players are being dumb/lazy.

To me, the most important quality in a Championship team is not defense, it's having a player on your team that cannot be stopped. He will either score or get to the line at the end of the game. That's what wins championships, and why Center is the most important position. A player like AI can try to score at the end of the game, but get fouled and the ref won't call it, it happens so fast hardly anyone will see it, and the refs let teams play a bit more physical in the finals. Shaq on the other hand, or even Duncan, you have to hit with a club to make them miss. The refs will call that everytime.

You made my point for me.  Great offense overcomes defense, and that's what wins. Guys like Shaq are consistent at the end, get him the ball and he'll take you home. It makes sense, since it is harder to stop someone from scoring than it is to score.  :nod:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Rebounds = Rings
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 11:04:16 AM »
I still dont see how offense is more important than defense when consistancy is something any pro team needs to be a champion. Offense in any sport is not consistant and never will be. Defense however is only inconsistant when players are being dumb/lazy.

To me, the most important quality in a Championship team is not defense, it's having a player on your team that cannot be stopped. He will either score or get to the line at the end of the game. That's what wins championships, and why Center is the most important position. A player like AI can try to score at the end of the game, but get fouled and the ref won't call it, it happens so fast hardly anyone will see it, and the refs let teams play a bit more physical in the finals. Shaq on the other hand, or even Duncan, you have to hit with a club to make them miss. The refs will call that everytime.

You made my point for me.  Great offense overcomes defense, and that's what wins. Guys like Shaq are consistent at the end, get him the ball and he'll take you home. It makes sense, since it is harder to stop someone from scoring than it is to score.  :nod:
If great offense over comes defense then why are the Mavs ringless Rick?  Why did the Suns stop short last year in the playoffs?  How come Run TMC and the rest of the Warriors never won a title?   I did everything but prove your point LOL.  

Difference between great offense and great defense?  One will always be there no matter what if you are playing with heart.  The other comes and goes with the wind.  You can stop a great offense with a great defense but you cannot stop a great defense with a great offense for a whole series because your offense will come and go.  The Lakers and The Sixers both have had a player who is unstopable on the offensive end yet cannot seem to do what the Pistons (who on the Pistons is unstopable) and Spurs do.  Why do you think that is??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:07:31 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com