Author Topic: msc - Lakers tickets  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« on: November 15, 2005, 01:45:19 PM »
msc,

What up?
In generalities what is going on with Laker tickets these days?
Any chance the Scalpoids are coming down to face value?  Especially after tip off, which i would not expect you to know since you are inside by then.  Less then face after tip off, wow i would go for that.  

If the Clips can win the Battle of L.A. this Friday and keep above 500 for at least 20 games, I may want to catch a Clips game.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
msc,

What up?
In generalities what is going on with Laker tickets these days?
Any chance the Scalpoids are coming down to face value?  Especially after tip off, which i would not expect you to know since you are inside by then.  Less then face after tip off, wow i would go for that.  

If the Clips can win the Battle of L.A. this Friday and keep above 500 for at least 20 games, I may want to catch a Clips game.
With the way they are playing why bother going to a scalper? LOL  If they continue to play like they did the last 2 games then they will be giving away groups of tickets.

Clips tickets are pretty easy to get.  I never have trouble getting my hands on Clippers tickets in good spots at Staples.  I attended a few Clips games last year and had a blast even tho they were not playing half as good as they are now.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:28:28 PM »
Quote from: westkoast,Nov 15 2005, 06:57 PM
With the way they are playing why bother going to a scalper? LOL  If they continue to play like they did the last 2 games then they will be giving away groups of tickets.

Clips tickets are pretty easy to get.  I never have trouble getting my hands on Clippers tickets in good spots at Staples.  I attended a few Clips games last year and had a blast even tho they were not playing half as good as they are now. [/QUOTE]
Lakers and give away in the same sentence?  Please notify me if the situation reaches this stage.  

I believe at this point there are still plenty of adherent grovellers making the pilgrimage to the Staples Temple for a chance to be see and possibly touch Kobe and Phil.  Phils announcement that Kobes shooting woes are due to his finger injury should keep the sub .500 record rumblings at bay.

Since face is such a burn price I would be interested if/when the prices fall well below face.  Is this possible?

Clips concur can always be had.  Yet if they hold onto -gasp- 1st place for 20+ games I wonder if a Clips good seat will be hard to find. :eek2:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:30:36 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »

Clips tickets are pretty easy to get.  I never have trouble getting my hands on Clippers tickets in good spots at Staples.  I attended a few Clips games last year and had a blast even tho they were not playing half as good as they are now.
what makes the quote box go away as above?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 05:32:30 PM »

Lakers and give away in the same sentence?  Please notify me if the situation reaches this stage.  

I believe at this point there are still plenty of adherent grovellers making the pilgrimage to the Staples Temple for a chance to be see and possibly touch Kobe and Phil.  Phils announcement that Kobes shooting woes are due to his finger injury should keep the sub .500 record rumblings at bay.

Since face is such a burn price I would be interested if/when the prices fall well below face.  Is this possible?

Clips concur can always be had.  Yet if they hold onto -gasp- 1st place for 20+ games I wonder if a Clips good seat will be hard to find. :eek2:
I'll let you know in a sea full of tears that are caused by watching a team who looks worse than my older buddies do in their robocop-like knee braces.

As for below face value, probably not unless season ticket holders get fed up.  Ive got 70$ season tickets for 30 bucks before.  And you and I agree on something, which is the 'hand injury' bs.  Did he fall on his head too?  Cuz his shot selection in the last two games as been horrid.

Clips should have seats open all year.  Their tickets are also always $10-$20-etc cheaper than Laker tickets except on nights they play the Lakers.    If they hit #1 the millions of a-holes who make up the LA bandwagon, who is currently without a team, may fill up the seats.  I really dont expect that though.  I am not too worried as I get to goto a Clips game in the LA Times box again this year.

You couldnt quote me cuz sometimes Invision (the software) has trouble with the BBC code.  Happens on my hip hop forum sometimes too.  Just a little bug I think.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 06:25:10 PM »
Ive got 70$ season tickets for 30 bucks before.  And you and I agree on something, which is the 'hand injury' bs.  Did he fall on his head too?  Cuz his shot selection in the last two games as been horrid.

Clips should have seats open all year.  Their tickets are also always $10-$20-etc cheaper than Laker tickets except on nights they play the Lakers.    If they hit #1 the millions of a-holes who make up the LA bandwagon, who is currently without a team, may fill up the seats.  I really dont expect that though.  I am not too worried as I get to goto a Clips game in the LA Times box again this year.

$70 for $30 Lakers or Clips?
If Lakers
a) was that not nosebleed?
bee) If Clips how where were seats?

Clips tics $10-20 cheaper then Lakers :huh:   It was 50% less when i was there.

Unlike Randoph and his silly fabricated ascertion that GNobs well publicized thigh injury has contributing to his shooting % being down is fake, I don't question at this point if Kobmes finger is hurt or not.  But i will say Phils statement does deflect a would-be beginnings of plenty of rumblings about Kobme minus Shaq for a 2nd season.  Phils coming back period saved Kobe tons of potential negative attention if they go sub .500 again.  Phil is and will continue be more of the media lightening rod then Kobme.

But coming from a Laker yourself that the finger injury is bogile speaks volumes.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 06:55:06 PM »
Ive got 70$ season tickets for 30 bucks before.  And you and I agree on something, which is the 'hand injury' bs.  Did he fall on his head too?  Cuz his shot selection in the last two games as been horrid.

Clips should have seats open all year.  Their tickets are also always $10-$20-etc cheaper than Laker tickets except on nights they play the Lakers.    If they hit #1 the millions of a-holes who make up the LA bandwagon, who is currently without a team, may fill up the seats.  I really dont expect that though.  I am not too worried as I get to goto a Clips game in the LA Times box again this year.

$70 for $30 Lakers or Clips?
If Lakers
a) was that not nosebleed?
bee) If Clips how where were seats?

Clips tics $10-20 cheaper then Lakers :huh:   It was 50% less when i was there.

Unlike Randoph and his silly fabricated ascertion that GNobs well publicized thigh injury has contributing to his shooting % being down is fake, I don't question at this point if Kobmes finger is hurt or not.  But i will say Phils statement does deflect a would-be beginnings of plenty of rumblings about Kobme minus Shaq for a 2nd season.  Phils coming back period saved Kobe tons of potential negative attention if they go sub .500 again.  Phil is and will continue be more of the media lightening rod then Kobme.

But coming from a Laker yourself that the finger injury is bogile speaks volumes.
Ya its alot less I was just saying 10-20-etc depending on where you sit.  Laker nose bleeds are like 20 bucks and the Clippers nose bleeds at 10 bucks.

$70 Laker tickets for 30 bucks.  We sat in that first row right under all club level where everyone sits and eats behind the opposing teams basket (Saw Jazz/Lakers that night) He coughed em up because he couldnt go and had lost intrest in the team even tho that was the year Karl and Co. were there.  Maybe that could happen this year if they continue to play like Jr High school players.

I dont doubt Kobe might of banged up his finger but I dont buy that is the reason he is shooting so poorly.  If he is indeed hurt to the point it is affecting his shot then why is he trying to take turn around jumpers 25 feet out?  Or trying to shoot over Gasol and Jones?  Or taking an off balanced runner falling away from the basket??  Yes he does hit those shots quite often but sometimes people go into slumps and cant hit the blindside of the barn.  IMO that is the case right now.   I think its affecting him a bit cuz his finishing around the rim has been very un-kobe like but his poor shooting is as much about him forcing things as it is pain in his hand.  When I heard the news I thought 'Ya maybe hes hurt but way to shield Mr. Bryant from his poor shot selection'
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 06:57:19 PM by westkoast »

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
msc - Lakers tickets
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 08:55:19 PM »
Hey Reality,  

I'm not sure on the scalping scene there this season as I've yet to go to a game.  I split my tix 3 ways this season and my first game is tomorrow night v. the Knicks.  I'll try to check it out and let you know.  

I'd imagine you could probably get some decent seats from scalpers or brokers at face, maybe below, but I don't think a lot of the games will sell out this year, so if you don't mind sitting in the 300 level, you could grab some at face.  Have you tried eBay or Stubhub.com?  

I have a buddy trying to unload four seats for the friday game against the Clips, but the face is $220.  He'd probably unload them for less, but not much less.  Not sure if you'd want to spend that kind of coin.  

Demand has dropped significantly, this was the first year that I got a huge seat upgrade.  I request one every year to no avail.  Well, last year I got one but it was only like two rows closer.  Anyway, this year I moved from the 9th row of Sec 216 (behind the north basket) to the 5th row of 115 (behind the N basket, 5 rows from the floor).  The wheels fell off of the bandwagon big time after last seasons debacle.  Of course, this season doesn't look like it will be much better, but I'm willing to hang in there ... at this rate I'll be sitting half court a couple of rows off the floor next year!  

Go Smush Parker!!!  B)