Author Topic: Boris Diaw...  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Boris Diaw...
« on: November 19, 2005, 10:23:53 PM »
is the man!  I LOVE this guy.  After witnessing a few of the Suns games this year I've seen only good things from this kid.  It's no wonder he's getting more and more playing time (and sniffing the starting lineup) since the beginning of the season.  He's a playmaker, pure and simple.  He's puts up numbers across the board.  It's not enough he gets you boards and blocks, but right now he's averaging six assists a game!

This makes the "Atlanta got taken in the Joe Johnson deal" argument even stronger.  What were they THINKING giving up this kid?
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Guest_Randy

Boris Diaw...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 11:03:30 AM »
JJ is a very good players but let's face it -- Shooting Guards are a dime a dozen in this league.  Atlanta was just CRAZY -- first, they add JJ to a team that already has a couple of decent SG's and then they want to move him to PG (umm, he had NEVER proven his ability to play that point and after several weeks STILL hasn't proven he is any good at that position).  Then, when one of their owners says "hey, this isn't a good idea -- you only pay this kind of money to a franchise player -- and JJ isn't that player" -- then they have to go to court to get rid of the owner in order to make the deal.  

When everything is considered, the Hawks just come away look STUPID!  

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Boris Diaw...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:54:29 PM »
But, hey - they're a talented young team that's off to a much better start than last year's team that started off the season 2-8, and...er...nevermind.

Can I revise that to "Atlanta just sucks"?

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Boris Diaw...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 11:55:38 PM »
But, hey - they're a talented young team that's off to a much better start than last year's team that started off the season 2-8, and...er...nevermind.

Can I revise that to "Atlanta just sucks"?
How about revising it to "This is how NOT to operate a basketball franchise," or were you saving that for the next Toronto thread?
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Guest_Randy

Boris Diaw...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 09:31:25 AM »
Okay, Atlanta has made some STUPID mistakes but they do have some talented young players.  The GM ought to lose his job for all this but the owners are just as culpable in this situation as the GM so it's kind of hard to lay all the blame at the GM's feet.

However, Toronto?  HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THIS GUY NOT GET HIS HEAD HANDED TO HIM ON A SILVER PLATTER?  Stupid moves, stupid picks, stupid trades, and then stupid comments!!!  I STILL don't have a clue how this guy still has his job!!!