Author Topic: Anyone see what LB is doing these days?  (Read 883 times)

Guest_Randy

Anyone see what LB is doing these days?
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:43:38 AM »
Last night against the Lakers, LB had this line-up at one point:

Marbury - SG
Robinson - PG (Rookie)
Lee - SF (Rookie)
Butler - PF (Rookie)
Frye - C (Rookie)

Look at these stats:
  Ariza (2nd year) - Played 23 minutes last night - Averaging 22 a game
  Lee (Rookie) - Played 25 minutes last night
  Frye (Rookie) - Played 32 minutes last night - Averaging 20
  Robinson (Rookie) - Played 13 minutes last night - Averaging 10

Now, for some perspective
  Richardson (BIG payday) - Last night - 13 min - Averaging 24 a game
  Crawford - Last night 28 minutes - Averaging 30
  Rose (Big money) - Last night 6 min - Averaging 12 minutes
  Curry (Big money) - Last night 30 min - Averaging 26 minutes

Look at this Roster (NY is the highest team salary over $100 mill - $10 mill more than Dallas):
  Houston - $19 mill - retired
  Marbury - $16 mill
  Hardaway - 15 mill
  Davis - $14 mill
  Curry - ? (anyone know what he was offered -- is it really $10 mill a year?)
  Maurice Taylor - $9 mill
  Q Richardson - $7 mill
  Shandon Anderson - $6.7 mill - amnesty
  Crawford - $6.5 mill
  Jerome Williams - $6 mill - waived
  Malik Rose - $6 mill
  Jerome James - $5 mill
  Channing Frye - $2.1 mill
  Nate Robinson - $1.1 mill
  David Lee - $861,000
  Trevor Ariza - $641,000
  Barnes - Min
  Butler - Min

So look at it this way:
  Shandon Anderson was amnesty ($6.7 mill) and Houston retired ($20 mill)
  Marbury $16 mill for 40 mpg
  Hardaway $15 mill for 2 mpg ($7.5 mill per minute)
  A. Davis $14 mill for 25 mpg
  Curry $10 mill (?) for 26 mpg
  Taylor $9 mill for 8 mpg ($1.12 mill per minute)
  Q Richardson $7 mill for 25 mpg
  Crawford $6.5 mill for 30 mpg
  Malik Rose $6 mill for 12 mpg ($.5 mill per minute)
  Jerome James $5 mill for 2 mpg ($2.5 mill per minute)

Okay, not ALL of these decisions were Zeke's but here are those that were:
  A Davis (remember, Zeke gave Timmy Thomas a huge deal)
  Curry (same with Sweetney)
  Maurice Taylor trade
  Q Richardson deal
  Crawford deal
  Malik Rose trade
  Jerome James signing

Zeke talking about all the "talent" he has on the roster -- however, that "talent" is being beat out for minutes by ROOKIES under the coaching of LARRY BROWN -- a coach who is well known to NEVER use Rookies!  

Zeke is somebody you definately want to go shopping with -- but you don't want him to EVER get ahold of your checkbook!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 11:14:22 AM »
Last night during the game I was like 'who the hell are these guys and when did the Knicks get them'  Didnt even come to my mind that some of them are rooks and 2-year men.  I just assumed they were not because Larry Brown doesn't play them.

Frye was hitting the shots last night.  Instant offense when he was brought in.  Not even Larry Brown could sit him, rookie or not, because he played well on that end of the floor.  He and Curry both did a pretty good job on the offensive end.  Frye from outside and Curry in the paint against the new age twin towers Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm.................

:puke:  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

I was kinda disapointed to see that Malik Rose did not get more playing time.  If any one person on this team should see a huge boost in minutes it should be him.  His defense alone should get him 30 minutes a game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 11:15:35 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 11:43:47 AM »
Actually, I think that Rose's defense is the REASON he is sitting on the bench.  You are used to seeing Rose defend Shaq -- one-on-one in the post -- which is Rose's strength.  Brown wants and needs a team defender -- one who can protect the middle and that is Rose's weakness.  

Rose is a solid rebounder but not much better than Curry -- Frye and Antonio Davis are both better team defenders and rebounders, IMO.  

Kwame Brown makes me SOOOO angry!  I HATE watching this guy getting ANY playing time.  He has horrible hands, little offense and almost ZERO defense!  I'd actually rather see Chris Mihm play than Kwame.  I've yet to see Kwame do anything all season that makes me happy the Lakers traded Caron Butler for him!  Chris Mihm has at LEAST shown signs of potential -- but it's few and far between those signs.  

Let's trade Kwame, Mihm, Cook, Medvendenko and George for whatever we can get and start all over!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 12:10:02 PM »
Actually, I think that Rose's defense is the REASON he is sitting on the bench.  You are used to seeing Rose defend Shaq -- one-on-one in the post -- which is Rose's strength.  Brown wants and needs a team defender -- one who can protect the middle and that is Rose's weakness.  

Rose is a solid rebounder but not much better than Curry -- Frye and Antonio Davis are both better team defenders and rebounders, IMO.  

Kwame Brown makes me SOOOO angry!  I HATE watching this guy getting ANY playing time.  He has horrible hands, little offense and almost ZERO defense!  I'd actually rather see Chris Mihm play than Kwame.  I've yet to see Kwame do anything all season that makes me happy the Lakers traded Caron Butler for him!  Chris Mihm has at LEAST shown signs of potential -- but it's few and far between those signs.  

Let's trade Kwame, Mihm, Cook, Medvendenko and George for whatever we can get and start all over!
I agree AD is twice the team defender that Rose is but his one on one defense keeps teams from being able to pound the paint.   The Lakers are just not a team you need to worry about pounding in the paint which is probably why he didn't get as much playing time.   Malik is also a hustle player who will run after rebounds and fight for them.  Something that this team needs since they have lazy rebounding big men (If Curry got 2 points for a rebound he would be motivated enough to be the next Dennis Rodman).   My comments partially stemmed from the fact I really like Rose and enjoy watching him play

Ill trade all those guys, except George, for a Mcdonalds McChicken Sandwich and some fries.  At least the chicken sandwich would do a better job of staying out of foul trouble.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 07:59:50 PM »
The notion that LB doesn't play rookies is a false one.  Go back and take a look at his last 10 first round draft picks and compare their rookie year playing time to the aggregate playing time for a rookie drafted at their positions and lb's players are actually usually higher than the average.