Author Topic: Heat ft over Nets  (Read 731 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat ft over Nets
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:44:09 PM »
anyone see the last two plays?  5 seconds left Wade gets two FTAs.  Final play Carter says he got hacked yet no FTAs.

"All ball," Wade said.

"A win is a win, regardless of how you look at it," Mourning said. "We needed a win."

On the final play, Carter drove left toward the basket -- but had his shot slapped away by Wade, who was helping Mourning protect the rim.

"I was hoping he didn't pull up and shoot a jumper, because he was on," Mourning said. "I wanted him to come to the hole, so I did the best I could. I just jumped straight into the air. They could have called a foul. ... I didn't think it was a foul, but things went our way this evening."

Wade, who had 23 points, drove on the Nets' Jason Kidd and was fouled -- a call that also didn't sit well with Frank and the Nets. Wade made the second of two free throws, setting up the game-ending drama.

"I certainly thought I was going to get the call," said Carter, who was 14-of-21 from the floor and finished with a game-high 32 points. "There was a lot of contact on that play. At least two guys hit me."

Frank, the Nets' coach, ran halfway across the court to plead his case, but his team -- which rallied from a pair of double-digit deficits after halftime -- left bitter after losing to Miami for the 10th straight time.

"Never would I question the officials' judgment, but there didn't seem to be a great deal of contact on that play," Frank said, referring to Kidd's foul of Wade. "There was no intentional foul. I guess there was a whole lot more contact on that play than the next play."

guest-koast

Heat ft over Nets
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:00:09 PM »
I didn't get to see it or TiVO it last night.  How much contact was there?  Vince is not someone I believe when they speak about alot of contact.   I heard he once asked a flagrant to be called on his mom for hugging him.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat ft over Nets
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 06:11:02 PM »
I didn't get to see it or TiVO it last night.  How much contact was there?  Vince is not someone I believe when they speak about alot of contact.   I heard he once asked a flagrant to be called on his mom for hugging him.
Ditto that is why I'm asking.
On both calls.