Author Topic: GM's predict NBA Champs and best players . . .  (Read 736 times)

Guest_Randy

GM's predict NBA Champs and best players . . .
« on: October 26, 2005, 08:24:06 AM »
NEW YORK -- The San Antonio Spurs are overwhelming favorites to repeat as NBA champions, according to an NBA.com survey of the league's general managers.

The Spurs received 77 percent of the vote among the approximately 25 GMs who responded. That percentage is the highest a team has received in the four years the survey has been conducted. The defending champions got 96 percent of the vote to win the Western Conference and 100 percent to win the Southwest Division.

Miami also was a unanimous pick to win the Southeast. Results were posted beginning Tuesday on NBA.com.

San Antonio star Tim Duncan got more than 78 percent of the votes as the league's top power forward and is the favorite to win another MVP award. Other popular choices among the league GMs were Miami's Shaquille O'Neal, who got 84 percent as the top center, and Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki (77 percent) as the league's top international player.

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant received the most votes in two categories: best shooting guard and the player wanted to take a shot with the game on the line. Reigning MVP Steve Nash replaced Jason Kidd as the point guard -- the first year Kidd didn't receive the most votes at that position -- and Tracy McGrady of Houston was picked as the top small forward.

New Knicks coach Larry Brown was picked as the best coach.

Hmm, interesting that they picked Kobe to take the shot with the game on the line out of all the players in the NBA.  And here I thought Kobe wasn't any good!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 10:29:59 AM »
"Reigning MVP Steve Nash replaced Jason Kidd as the point guard -- the first year Kidd didn't receive the most votes at that position "

Was that really a suprise?  

I am suprised to see 100% of the GMs picked the Spurs to win their division.    I wonder how many of those GMs had a team in that division.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 11:20:02 AM »
I am suprised to see 100% of the GMs picked the Spurs to win their division.    I wonder how many of those GMs had a team in that division.
That's cause they're not Winning Juice Drinking Nozers from LaLa Land!

Oooopppsss....forgot to switch aliases!  Darn!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 11:42:36 AM »
That's cause they're not Winning Juice Drinking Nozers from LaLa Land!

Oooopppsss....forgot to switch aliases!  Darn!
I KNEW IT!!  :bounce:

:up:  
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton