Author Topic: Sixers loose to the Knicks.  (Read 646 times)

rickortreat

Sixers loose to the Knicks.
« on: October 26, 2005, 05:53:01 PM »
It's only fair that I write about this game, since I wrote about the one last week where the Sixers won without Dalember, Webber and Iverson.

This time around, only AI was out, but the Sixers were the gang that couldn't shoot straight.  Webber played a decent all-around game, but shot poorly.  Dalembert got into foul trouble and generally wasn't effective.

I have to give the Knicks credit, for taking Philly out of the game by playing good defense and working hard on the offensive end, and getting second shots.  This time around, Brown was on the bench and I think he had an effect on the Knicks effort.

This game was a real contrast from the first, where the Sixers seemed fluid on offense.  This time they struggled in the half-court set, no-one could shoot from the outside, and the Knicks packed it in, limiting penetration by Salmons and Igoudala.  

There's not a lot a team can do when they can't hit from outside.  Unless you make the other team pay for leaving you open, they'll let you get outside shots all night.  Korver couldn't even make a free throw...

In fariness to the Sixers, AI makes a big difference when he's in.  The other team gets  so preoccupied with what he does that it gives everyone else room to operate.  Even so, I think the Knicks are a bad team, and the Sixers should be able to execute against them consistently.  This time, I can chalk it up to Dalembert and Webber being rusty, but I expect much better things from them as the season progresses.