Author Topic: Magloire traded  (Read 1501 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Magloire traded
« on: October 26, 2005, 01:04:35 PM »
Jamal Magloire for Desmond Mason and a #1 pick.

I am sorry, but NO got took to the cleaners.  Desmond Mason is a dime a dozen player, and Magloire is a solid legit center.

What does this mean for Bogut?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Magloire traded
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 03:33:21 PM »
Wow!  I like Mason, I think hes a solid role player but why would they cough up Mag for him AND a draft pick?  Was there any money involved?  How does that sound like a good deal to anyone?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Magloire traded
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 04:06:44 PM »
Magloire is terribly overrated because he happens to be big.  He's an underachiever coming off an injury.  Dez + a pick for Magloire is overpaying in my book.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 05:21:15 PM by dbodner »

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Magloire traded
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 04:46:36 PM »
According to the local Milwaukee paper, Bogut and Magloire will start at the four and five, respectively.  Joe Smith and Dan Gadzuric will come off the bench, and Toni Kukoc, who had been seeing time at PF, will be moved back to the three.

From a fantasy perspective, the big winners are Bobby Simmons and Mason.  Neither will be forced to share minutes, which should make Joe a lot happier than he was after the draft.  The losers are Magloire and Bogut, who will now have to share court space and touches.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 04:47:04 PM by Wolverine »
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Magloire traded
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 05:22:43 PM »
From a fantasy perspective, the big winners are Bobby Simmons and Mason.

Whoohoo!

*hugs 13th round draft pick.

Cliche Basketball Saying Man

Magloire traded
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 05:35:41 PM »
Magloire is terribly overrated because he happens to be big.  He's an underachiever coming off an injury.  Dez + a pick for Magloire is overpaying in my book.
You can't teach size Dabods.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Magloire traded
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 11:15:09 PM »
Not only does Joe steal my Bobby Simmons, he now reaps even greater rewards.  With Q being out indefinitely, his team has officially reached ridiculous status.  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."