Poll

Who will have best record in Central?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Best Record in Central  (Read 791 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Best Record in Central
« on: October 25, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »
Who and why?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Best Record in Central
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:45:14 PM »
Everyone has seemed to pencil Indiana to win the division but I'm going with the Cavaliers.  Team James has a lot of options, a lot of players, and a lot of pressure to do well, but an as yet unproven coach.  Damon Jones doesn't look like he's lost a step since his breakout last year.  Z-man is looking better than ever and this team doesn't have too many holes in it.  I posted before that this team seems destined or something, well that is still the feeling I get.  I think LeBron pushes this team to the Division title, which should be good enough to be the #2 seed behind Miami and goes on to take the MVP.  

Prediction:  Division Champ
Seed: 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indiana did wonders to make the playoffs last year with all the suspension and injuries, so since everyone is back Indiana should win 70 games easy, right?  Well I think they are going to miss Reggie Miller and Dale Davis a little more than they're prepared to.  Jermaine is top guy in the middle but still seems to be bothered by nagging injuries.  How long can Ron Artest withstand the constant goading he is sure to recieve from rivals and is Jackson ready to step in and make this Big 3 to reckon with.  I think for the most part, yes, but injuries to O'Neal and Artest (who doesn't usually sniff 75 games) will keep this team a tick behind Cleveland.

Prediction:  2nd best
Seed: 4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detroit is now going to try the Flip experiment.  Flip Saunders has always been an underrated coach and he is a true offensive genius in today's crop of coaches.  Detroit doesn't win with offense, though.  I think the omnipresent change in philosophy, the zone defense experiment, and the propensity for the roster to turn it on and off will keep this team well below the 60 games they should rightly win.  They'll still win enough to once again have a classic playoff series with Indy.  

Prediction: 3rd best
Seed: 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Milwaukee has just surged forward this off-season.  Much like Cleveland they bolstered their ranks with quality signings and a great last second trade.  Andrew Bogut is going to be the rookie of the year and Jamaal Magloire is going to give this team the consistency it has lacked from Gadzuric and Smith for years.  Simmons has star written all over him and I'll be darned if T.J. Ford has silenced every critic in the house with his pre-season play.  I have to admit I didn't think Ford would come back the same, shame on me!  The only think I don't like is the coach.  The team will start the season slow and pick up steam giving them just enough wins to sneak into the big dance.

Prediction: 4th best
Seed: 8      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicago surprised everyone last year by going from perennial loser to a playoff team with homecourt advantage.  So why do I have them way down here.  With Curry leaving, people expect Tyson Chandler to pick up the scoring, he won't.  In that case Mike Sweetney should do it, Skiles won't play him enough (until Mike can prove he can defend this chair I'm sitting on).  This team severly lacks quality outside shooting besides Gordon and he's having a difficult time adjusting to the starting role.  So difficult in fact, Skiles has decided to keep him on the bench.  I think Chicago will be in a lot of games much like last year with the difference being 4th quarter heroics will be fewer and farther in between from a winded Gordon.  

Prediction: The Caboose
Seed: miss playoffs  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."