Poll

Who will win the most improved player

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Most improved  (Read 1573 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Most improved
« on: October 24, 2005, 11:27:25 AM »
This is tough to come up with names, so if you have any opinions please post, and I will add to the list.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »
You know my vote :)

And this is why I'll withhold voting for others:
Bosh: broke out last year after VC trade
Livingston: Cassell stealing minutes
Howard: Think it's going to be another year, honestly.  Next year he'll possibly go 20/10.  This year won't seem like an enormous jump (13/10)
Gordon: people will start noticing the suspect individual defense.  Won't hit as many game winning shots.  slight increase in stats will not make people notice as much
Butler: already broke out once.  

Iggy will make an all-defensive team while scoring 13 ppg.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:41:30 PM »
I picked Dwight Howard purely because you take one look at the team's frontcourt and go who is going to rebound and block shots and generally be an inside presence on that team.  You got Cato and Battie - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.  You got Turkoglu and Hill, one will be hard pressed to play the full season and the other can't get a rebound if it bounced from the rim right to his chest.

I think voters will have lingering thoughts about whether they should've split the ROY and give Howard the MIP to make themselves feel better.

The IG-Dala is an all-cat monster and heckuva defender, lack of scoring will hurt him in the voting for ANY NBA award.  Like Kirilenko not getting DPOY two years ago, lets give it to Artest who scored 3 more points. :nonono:  

Much of the others had too good of years already to substantially improve.  If something wacky happens like Damien Wilkins scoring 15 ppg than J. Howard, Gordon, Jaric etc. are instantaneously out of the running.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 12:51:56 PM »
BOSH!!!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 01:24:38 PM »
Ted,

That wasn't as much a post as it was a prayer, huh?  You don't want to be the kind of GM that chooses a Bowie over MJ, huh?

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 03:21:04 PM »
Give me Iguodala.  I like Skander's argument about Iguodala's lack of scoring hurting him - because he's right.  However, I believe Iguodala is going to have a breakout scoring year, which *WILL* throw him to the top of the mix.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 09:30:47 PM »
Livingston: Cassell stealing minutes

Iggy will make an all-defensive team while scoring 13 ppg.
Concur on Bosh having such a good year last year it could affect M.I. status.

Livingston:  Great potential but ff he doesn't bulk up he will be perennial injured list.  6'7" 185 lbs and that is not a scrappy 185, it's kinda frail.

Iggy is as good a bet as any.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Most improved
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 10:18:28 AM »
If Jarvic was able to keep the man he is covering in front of him for one full game then Id have to say he would be the most improved.

Caron Butler played well for the Lakers last year so don't really see him doing that much better to warrant Most Improved.

Iggy is probably the best and most logical choice.  He has the talent, the skill, and hes been pushing himself this past off-season.  Plus he has  room to grow into a more important role on this team.  I dont think many of the others do.  Maybe Gordon and Bosh.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 10:19:02 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com