Author Topic: Amare out for four months.  (Read 1549 times)

jn

Amare out for four months.
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »
Signing him was still a wise choice but IMHO opinion this will make the Suns slow out the gate.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4982492

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »
Damn that sucks.  They would have been STUPID not to sign him, injury or not.  He's a young guy and will bounce back quick.  Jn you are right tho, Suns are going to be pretty slow out of the gate.

Im not playing FB this year but man, I was thinking about it and he was going to be my first pick.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:59:24 PM »
D'Antoni's big strategy is to NOT have the best record in the league again, and the catch is the league won't know what hit them when Amare comes back....brilliant!!!
 :cheers:

:bs:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

rickortreat

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 10:30:56 AM »
The Suns made a lot of changes in the off season, letting go of Q-rich and loosing Joe Johnson.

They also picked up some new players in Thomas and Grant.

I'm not sure how those changes would have worked out before, but I thought that they may have taken a step back as a result.

Amare being out could really hurt the Suns development this year.  They would have been better off keeping Steven Hunter if they knew this was going to happen.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 10:43:42 AM »
Amare being out could really hurt the Suns development this year. They would have been better off keeping Steven Hunter if they knew this was going to happen.

Dude, you REALLY need to take off the Sixer glasses.  Steven Hunter was a NOBODY when he played with the Suns -- he is STILL going to be a nobody with the Sixers.  He wasn't WORTH keeping -- the Suns upgraded at the center position by getting Kurt Thomas -- and he is going to be a solid double/double guy for the Suns this year.  Losing Amare obviously really hurts the Suns but they didn't need to keep Hunter even if they knew they Amare was going down.  Hunter is a stiff -- far worse than Rasho.  He's one of those guys you throw into the game to rest your big guy because you have absolutely no one else available.  If the guy was 4 inches shorter, he wouldn't even be in the NBA!  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 11:50:08 AM »
Sorry, that was me again -- can't seem to remember to type my name!!!   :unsure:  

rickortreat

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 04:17:34 PM »
You shouldn't say that.  The Suns didn't know about this when they traded Hunter.  Thomas is a stiff too!

Hunter is a project, we'll see how he turns out, or if he washes out.  But he's still a 7-footer and that's a big advantage in basketball.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 05:03:47 PM »
Rick,

If what you say is true:

But he's still a 7-footer and that's a big advantage in basketball.

then players like Manute Bol, Gheorge Muresan, etc. would still be in the league today -- you are WAYYY overrating heighth!  

Hunter isn't a project -- he is just a big man who sits the bench and fills in a few minutes.

rickortreat

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 03:23:21 PM »
Both of those guys were in the league for a while.  Coaches and GM's can't resist.

I haven't even seen Hunter play, but I heard in the first Sixers game he made a move on Yao and scored.

Last night Hunter started for the Sixers against Tim Duncan and the Spurs.

Here are the stats:                      Reb.  
                Min.   FGM-A  FTM-A  O D T  Ast.  PF.  St.  TO  Bs Pts
Duncan     15       3-7      6-6     5 3 8    1     1                      12

Hunter       19      5-8      1-2     1 5 6           3     1     1         11

I could put Rasho's stats up too, but you get the idea.  Clearly, Hunter has some skills.  Could it be that the Suns didn't play him that much because they have a much better player in Amare?  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 05:07:27 PM »
Uhhh...Rick.  Duncan plays PF, Hunter plays C.  They didn't play against each other.  Duncan abused Bradley for the short time he played.

Hunter put his numbers up against Rasho...our second (possibly third) string center.  Nazr was in SA with his wife who gave birth to their first child and Oberto sprained his ankle against Miami.  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 06:41:15 PM »
Hey Lurker, did you watch the game?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 09:04:09 AM »
Hey Lurker, did you watch the game?
No just saw highlights...in the ones I saw with Duncan he wasn't being guarded by Hunter.  Maybe in other parts of the game he was.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 09:25:06 AM »
Well, Bradley definitely started out on Duncan.

I was more interested in Iguodala's 9 first quarter points.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 09:52:52 AM »

I was more interested in Iguodala's 9 first quarter points.
They did show one highlight where Iggy drove baseline (don't remember who the defender was) then went up & under Duncan, who was rotating over, for a reverse layup.  It was a sweet move.
-Moody Blues