Author Topic: Mavs  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« on: November 21, 2005, 11:16:07 AM »
could Chucksters comments on the "soft" Mavs actually have inspired the Mavs to toughen up?  Naw.  Well...

Earlier beating the Spurs 103-84 and now pounding the Pistons 119-82. :eek2:

This is just another flashy no D good reg season playoffs out Mavs team, right?

Guest_Randy

Mavs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:37:09 AM »
I doubt that Chuck's comments had nearly as much to do with this as Avery Johnson's coaching and commitment to defense.  While Johnson's skills put him as a CBA wannabe, the guy is as tough as nails -- even through the Admiral years, it was really Johnson who was the leader for the Spurs.  In fact, Johnson confronted Rodman on several occassions -- and while Rodman didn't mind playing tough -- he rolled over for Avery Johnson (who could bench 400+ during his days in SA).  Yeah, I know -- it's hard to believe he is tough listening to him talk!  

The Spurs STILL need a better rebounding center and someone -- ANYONE with a post game offensively.  Defensively, this team has some great defenders on the perimeter -- Dampier is an upgrade from their past center defenders but he still isn't worth bragging about!  They won't go deep in the playoffs without the ability to rebound the basketball and execute in a slow offensive set.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:58:06 AM »
The Spurs STILL need a better rebounding center and someone -- ANYONE with a post game offensively.  Defensively, this team has some great defenders on the perimeter -- Dampier is an upgrade from their past center defenders but he still isn't worth bragging about!  They won't go deep in the playoffs without the ability to rebound the basketball and execute in a slow offensive set.
Randy,

Your deep feelings of Laker inadequacy towards the superior Spurs has you subconsciously seeking any way to find a weakness on the defending champ Spurs.

Dampier is not, and has not been on the Spurs.

I will be with you thru all your Laker traumas Randy.  There will be no charges.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 12:07:59 PM »
I doubt that Chuck's comments had nearly as much to do with this as Avery Johnson's coaching and commitment to defense.
Could be.  Lets see what happens Dec 1st vs Spurs.

Also this Fri Nov 25th they are at Miami.  

These two games will tell us more.

Guest_Randy

Mavs
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 12:32:45 PM »
The Spurs STILL need a better rebounding center and someone -- ANYONE with a post game offensively.  Defensively, this team has some great defenders on the perimeter -- Dampier is an upgrade from their past center defenders but he still isn't worth bragging about!  They won't go deep in the playoffs without the ability to rebound the basketball and execute in a slow offensive set.
Randy,

Your deep feelings of Laker inadequacy towards the superior Spurs has you subconsciously seeking any way to find a weakness on the defending champ Spurs.

I will be with you thru all your Laker traumas Randy.  There will be no charges.
I actually thought that was pretty funny -- but I guess you are the only one who can really twist reality that badly!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 02:23:16 PM »
The Spurs STILL need a better rebounding center and someone -- ANYONE with a post game offensively.  Defensively, this team has some great defenders on the perimeter -- Dampier is an upgrade from their past center defenders but he still isn't worth bragging about!  They won't go deep in the playoffs without the ability to rebound the basketball and execute in a slow offensive set.
Randy,

I actually thought that was pretty funny -- but I guess you are the only one who can really twist reality that badly!
No, Dampier really is not on the Spurs.

Keep breathing the inscense, my son.

Guest_Randy

Mavs
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »
Okay, so Dampier isn't a Spur and as soon as TD retires and the Spurs become a lottery team again, you won't be a fan anymore!

Got it!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 03:08:02 PM »
Okay, so Dampier isn't a Spur and as soon as TD retires and the Spurs become a lottery team again, you won't be a fan anymore!

Got it!
Ahh bandwaggoning.

Randy today, in fact just now, I had a choice between pumpkin or apple pie.  I initially chose apple, then i just bandwaggoned to the pumpkin with whipped cream. Real whipped cream.  And i enjoyed it.

Yep.  Used my freedom of choice.  Bandwaggoned.  

Just like that. :up:  

Guest_Randy

Mavs
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »
Reality,

It IS a relief to finally hear you own up to the bandwaggoning that for years and years you have denied.   :rolleyes:

But if this "freedom of choice" is your sole defense, then one would think that you would learn to respect those who remain loyal to a team rather than just jumping from top team to top team -- you can call that "freedom of choice" but that's trying to put a pretty face on something that's really lame!  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »
"freedom of choice"
Not only that but with the whole crew in the car the other day, I switched from the clogged lane to carpool lane.  "Bandwaggoned" to the carpool lane.  

Just like that.

Guest_Randy

Mavs
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 05:50:47 PM »
Actually, that metaphor just doesn't work -- the majority are stuck in traffic -- not cruising in the carpool lane.  You would have been bandwaggoning if you were stuck in traffic with the rest of the sheep!   :nod:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Mavs
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 06:04:54 PM »
Actually, that metaphor just doesn't work -- the majority are stuck in traffic -- not cruising in the carpool lane.  You would have been bandwaggoning if you were stuck in traffic with the rest of the sheep!   :nod:
Assuming you have spent time in So Cal  B)
The carpool lane cetainly can be cruising while the one-car-sheep are in the other lanes.  All depends on which 'hood you are in.

The carpool lane does indeed sometimes crawl due to CalScams incompetence, however its hardly "the majority."  

My extensive SoCal crusing has carpool effectiveness at 50%.  WOW and westkoast are free to jump in.  Altho God help you westkoast for the 91 Freeway in rush hour.  Firm wants to build the worlds second largest underground tunnel from Riverside 11 miles to The OC.  Politicos and CalScams are squabbling over it as we speak.

Randy if you are stuck in traffic, you can find fellowship with Vic the Brick Jacobs and Michaelle Thompson on a.m. 570/1150.  You will dislike Steve Hartman as much as you do me.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 06:19:01 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Mavs
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 06:13:27 PM »
I'm by no means an expert on LA traffic but I have been there long enough to dispise it.  Love the carpool lane but getting over?  You'd better know MILES in advance when you need to get over!  8 lanes of traffic sitting at a standstill?  Not my idea of a good time.

Seattle traffic isn't quite as bad but it's still horrible!  One reason to LOVE the midwest!!!