Author Topic: What's with Larry Brown?  (Read 993 times)

jn

What's with Larry Brown?
« on: March 04, 2004, 04:20:50 PM »
Always intense and a bit of a crank he apparently is really getting nutty lately.

This is from Ric Bucher of ESPN:

"Over the top, subsequently, has turned into Brown going over the edge. Aside from openly mocking No. 2 pick Darko Milicic all season, he's also picked fights with Chauncey Billups, Okur and now Tayshaun Prince. I'm not saying it's some sort of misdirected anger fueled by Wallace denying him the sugar; I'm just saying Brown has been a season-long grouch and it'll be a miracle if he doesn't add Rasheed to his list before it's all over."

In addition Brown had to be restrained by 'Sheed and Corliss the other night as he went after the Ref who ejected him.  

How bad is it when those tow have to reign you in?  :(  

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
What's with Larry Brown?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:39:44 PM »
I don't think Larry is very happy in Detroit. He's always had a off-and-on relationship with the players he coaches, so that part is not atypical. But his family remained behind in Philadelphia, and from what I understand, he basically lives out of a hotel room in Detroit and doesn't get to see his family very often. I don't think that this is what he wants at this stage of his life. I would not be surprised to see him step down as coach of the Pistons at the end of this season.