Author Topic: LMAO! serves you right  (Read 999 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
LMAO! serves you right
« on: September 02, 2005, 11:51:26 AM »
Well, you got Devin Brown on your squad it looks like - and I say that becuase I dont think we will match the offer.  But Hey, I like the kid and his game, IMMO I think your assesment is wrong on him being a waste. I think, he will be a very good player off the bench and should really quality bench pick up.  Good luck to him in Utah.  sorry to see him leave, but what can you say with the minutes situation here.

Report: Brown Signs Offer Sheet With Jazz
LAST UPDATE: 9/2/2005 3:30:52 AM
Posted By: Kori Ellis
This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.

According to The Salt Lake Tribune, Spurs restricted free agent Devin Brown has signed an offer sheet with the Utah Jazz.

The Spurs will now have seven days to match the offer if they would like to retain Brown.

The 26-year-old home town favorite averaged 7.4 points and 2.6 rebounds for the Spurs last season, but was sidelined with a herniated disc injury late in the year and saw very limited action in the playoffs

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

LMAO! serves you right
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 12:08:43 PM »
With Finley and Brent Barry, Brown has no chance of getting ANY minutes in SA.  He's not a great player on the court but he's a good kid who plays his heart out.  The problem is that there are too many SG's in the league -- you can have struggles with finding decent big men or pg's but not SG's -- there's a ton of them.  

Brent Barry is a consumate teammate who will put the team above himself but I am intrigued to see how Pop is going to find enough minutes for Manu, Barry, and Finley!  Is he actually considering going big with Barry at the PG position at times?  Barry is an underrated passer and the way the Spurs run their offense, Barry could easily play the point.  It's about the only way I see all three players getting their minutes (outside of Finley playing SF -- I really hate to see that happen).

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
LMAO! serves you right
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 12:40:40 AM »
Brent Barry is a consumate teammate who will put the team above himself but I am intrigued to see how Pop is going to find enough minutes for Manu, Barry, and Finley!  Is he actually considering going big with Barry at the PG position at times?  Barry is an underrated passer and the way the Spurs run their offense, Barry could easily play the point.  It's about the only way I see all three players getting their minutes (outside of Finley playing SF -- I really hate to see that happen).
Barry was on the floor the same time as GNob for a good portion in many key games last years playoffs.

Ie Phx Gm 1
Barry 34 min 8-12 fgs 5-8 treys :wub:
GNob 37 min 20pts 6 asts 6 rebs :wub:

Phx Gm 3
Barry 31 min 3-5 treys 4 rebs  :wub:
Gnob 35 min 18 pts 9 rebs :wub:  

Clincher vs Detroit
Barry 29 min
SuperGnob 35 min

Agree that fitting Barry, GNob and Finley all at once will not be the norm.  Seems Finley would play some small F.

The Spurs will work it out tho.  It's a great *problem* to have.

Props to Brown for his 2004 Playoff contribution and very limited but helpful 2005 title play.  Horrible timing to have disc problems, hope he continues his NBA career successfully.  
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 01:10:17 AM by Reality »