Author Topic: JN what do you think about....  (Read 1149 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
JN what do you think about....
« on: August 15, 2005, 03:29:42 PM »
Wanted to hear your take.  I like Jaric, and I think he will be an excellent addition to the Wolves, assuming he can stay healthy, which has obviously sturggled with in the past.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jn

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:11:40 AM »
ziggy,

I've certainly seen some good things from him on the court, but as you said, just getting on the court has been a struggle for this guy.  I actually had to wait a little to post in regard to this because the bizarre signings of Tsckitisvilli (he doesn't deserve to have his name spelled correctly) and Madsen (FIVE YEARS??) were so jarring.  I was going to borrow Hunter S. Thompson's line from a couple years back regarding the Van Horn/Mutombo trade and say this deal was liked trading three dollars for a soiled mattress.  Anyway, after a couple days to calm down I'm less disturbed.  I'm not SURE that Jaric will improve the team but he has some talent and plays with heart.  

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:37:13 AM »
Personally, I thought Jaric would have been a perfect fit for the 2-guard in Utah.  However, point in Minnesota isn't a bad fit.

You have to look at Jaric for Cassell as an improvement.  If Jaric goes down and misses 82 games, you've still gotten rid of Sam Cassell - which is a big benefit.

Cassell is a cancer...a slow-acting cancer, but a cancer nonetheless.  He's good for 1 year wherever he goes, and then, he'll have "injury problems" like he did in New Jersey, or he'll whine about not being chosen for the All-Star Team like he did in Milwaukee, or he'll gripe about his contract like he did in Minnesota.  He's the employee who is AWESOME for his probationary period, and the most worthless person in the company once he's demonstrated his value.  The boss loves the new golden boy, but his co-workers hate him with a passion because more often than not, they're carrying him.

It doesn't take long for that kind of person to wear out his welcome.  I was Minnesota's biggest critic when they got Cassell.  The Clippers did it the smart way - get him as a temporary fix for one year in his contract year.  Cassell might go wild for the Clippers...but that's because it's his first year there.

An injured Jaric would be an improvement.  And a healthy Jaric might REALLY spur Minnesota.  It's a great move.

The same, however, CANNOT be said for cutting loose Fred Hoiberg.  Hoiberg is a role player, granted, but he's a SOLID role player and can help any team he's on.  Waiving him is a mistake - especially when you've got Olowakandi wasting valuable breathing air.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jn

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:55:39 AM »
Absolutely Joe, the analogy to an employee during his probation is right on.  

As to Hoiberg,well, it's a strange deal.  The bottom line, IMHO, is that he will not play in the NBA again.  I think his health problems are too serious, particularly as he is now in his mid 30's.  Glen Taylor made some noise about talking directly to Fred as a former heart patient himself and telling him DO NOT PLAY.  He may really mean that  but of course it is also convenient for the Wolves financially.  

Guest_JoMal

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 10:24:49 AM »
Cassell and Cutino Mobley both in the back court of the Clippers?

Passing drills during practice are going to be a bit wanting.

And how accurate are they going to be, trying to make jumpers with four sets of hands on the ball?

jn

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 10:52:26 AM »
:lol: I hadn't thought of that JoMal.  I imagine Elton Brand's attorney is planning a justifiable homicide defense already.

"Four sets of hands"? Have they mutated in the LA smog?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 03:04:34 PM »
I opted not to renew my Clips tickets this year, now it sounds like the Clips will be seriously challenging the Lakers.....

in the "drama" dept. that is....

As for Jaric, seen this guy play alot the past few years.  He's not a very good PG.  He can't handle pressure, doesn't impress me as a passer and can't defend any PG in the league.  As for Jaric as at the SG spot, he is a decent shooter but his shot selection is horrid at times.  When he squares up he's decent but he's often still in motion when shooting or takes the first shot available to him instead of waiting for the 2nd or 3rd screen.  His size would make him a good PG if his ball handling skills would improve along with his court vision.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 03:06:19 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"