Author Topic: Off Topic, Terrel Owens is an idiot  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Off Topic, Terrel Owens is an idiot
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
I have never been one to say hey at least we made it to the dance, a Superbowl loss is worse to me than not making it there at all, same with basketball and baseball, getting there is never good enough, it's worse to go and lose IMO. I don't know that he got you to the Superbowl I can think of 44 other guys that would tell you they had something to do with it as well, the Eagles were already talented enough to go, personally I think they were over that hump last year with or without Owens.

I hope they pull an Al Davis on him and let him sit on the bench a rot this whole year, but probably only Al Davis is that vindictive, the difference is, he deserves it, Marcus Alllen didn't.
Dan

rickortreat

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 08:11:09 PM »
Well, Eagle fans have been desparate for something, anything over the past few years.  They were definitely a good team, but could never get there.  Kept failing in the NFC Championship game for the real fans it was heartbrake after heartbrake.

With TO, everyone knew something was up.  He stretched the field and made the offense nearly impossible to stop.  IMO, the key to the team is Westbrook and McNabb, but Owens turned them from being competitive to being clearly dominant.  During the season, they were so far above the other NFC teams that there was really no competition.

Even though he wasn't in the two playoff games prior to the Supe, (Proving he wasn't essential)  Owens performance in the bowl was one of the best by a wide reciever.  

It can't be disputed that he made the team better, right up there with the Steelers and the Patriots as the top echelon of the league.  Without TO, I'm not sure where the Eagles would fit,  probably still at the top of the NFC (Our wideouts are very unproven now) but not at the same level as the Pats and probably not as good as the Steelers.  In any case the margin of superiority would be much narower, and a misstep or two and the birds won't get automatic homefield advantage or the extra week off.

Just to clear things up- I am not a maniac sportsfan.  It's entertainment nothing more, and that goes for the Sixers as well.  It's just that I'm fascinated by the whole sports scene, how people live and die by their team, and live viacariously through their victories.  To be honest I think the whole world's obsession with sports is a disease.  That we pay so much attention to people because of physical skills with a game is sick.  The real heroes are the scientists expanding our knowledge of the universe, both in physics and medicine.  These are the people who should be getting millions a year, not glandular freaks who play basketball.

:crazy:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 10:14:16 AM »
It's an interesting comparison -- Cassell and TO.  TO made the Eagles better -- but currently he is making them WORSE!!!  Players like TO who are basically told "do whatever you want -- you are talented enough for us to look the other way" are VERY dangerous to your entire squad.  

Last year, our high school team had a legit shot at the state title but we have a running back who is very highly rated.  However, he begin developing the same attitude (i.e. I'm a star and therefore don't need to show up for practices, etc.).  Two things killed us in the semi-finals -- 1) the coaches wouldn't change their strategy and go to the back-up even though the "star" was killing the teams chances; and 2) the "attitude" of the "star" affected his playing ability AND the teams desire to play with him.  

The Eagles looked HORRIBLE!!!  Yes, there were a LOT of factors into why they looked so bad but the fact is that last year TO made the team better -- IMO, this year, he is making the team worse.  At some point, management needs to get back in the driving seat and start dictating to TO rather than allowing TO to dictate to the management and team.