Author Topic: Will Duncan ever play PF?  (Read 885 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Duncan ever play PF?
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »
Will the Spurs ever sign a Center, allowing Duncan to move to his natural PF position?   Looks like zero chance for 2006.  Since their repeat chances are as good as anyones for the 2006 title, they can stay pat with Duncan at Center.  2007-8 i doubt it.

Z from Cleveland is available, altho he wants 10-12 a year.  Maybe Nesterovic will volunteer to play for the minimal.  Nazr, no complaints here Spurs.  He played his role well up until the Finals.  But as for getting him to repeat this years performance in '06....i dunno.   Det was hip to him and i think the rest of the NBA will catch on that dude simply cannot score with even the minimal amount of defensive pressure.  Maybe the Spurs coaches can work with him.

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 11:02:20 AM »
Why fix something that isnt broken?  Esp since the nba has alot of smaller, quicker 3s playing at the 4 right now.  IMO he is good where he is however I agree they need someone to let them mix up where Duncan plays.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 11:32:41 AM »
Why fix something that isnt broken?  Esp since the nba has alot of smaller, quicker 3s playing at the 4 right now.  IMO he is good where he is however I agree they need someone to let them mix up where Duncan plays.
Since their repeat chances are as good as anyones for the 2006 title, they can stay pat with Duncan at Center. 2007-8 i doubt it.

Of all the breaks the Spurs got this year, Dunkers staying healthy, healthy enough to play and play well and title, was the biggest.  
I think they are flirtin with disaster tho, and if Pop tries to continue milking 40+ minutes a game out of Dunker, i would say the chances are better then not that he will again twist a knee, ankle, whatever and this time not walk away from it.

Adding Z would be sweet.  It's not gonna happen, but i wish they would at least try.
Deke Tumble a Spur?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 11:41:26 AM »
Why fix something that isnt broken?  Esp since the nba has alot of smaller, quicker 3s playing at the 4 right now.  IMO he is good where he is however I agree they need someone to let them mix up where Duncan plays.
Since their repeat chances are as good as anyones for the 2006 title, they can stay pat with Duncan at Center. 2007-8 i doubt it.

Of all the breaks the Spurs got this year, Dunkers staying healthy, healthy enough to play and play well and title, was the biggest.  
I think they are flirtin with disaster tho, and if Pop tries to continue milking 40+ minutes a game out of Dunker, i would say the chances are better then not that he will again twist a knee, ankle, whatever and this time not walk away from it.

Adding Z would be sweet.  It's not gonna happen, but i wish they would at least try.
Deke Tumble a Spur?
Deke sucks reality, no way would the Spurs waste thier time on him.

As for Z, the Spurs will more than likely go over the cvap this season, so I think before they would attempt to sign Z, they would want to get rid of Rasho first.  His salary can help us out if we can get it off of our books.  I dont even know if the Spurs have started to shop him around yet or not, but they should sop him around and se what kind of trade we could get.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 12:03:02 PM »
As for Z, the Spurs will more than likely go over the cvap this season, so I think before they would attempt to sign Z, they would want to get rid of Rasho first.  His salary can help us out if we can get it off of our books.  I dont even know if the Spurs have started to shop him around yet or not, but they should sop him around and se what kind of trade we could get. [/quote]
 Call Isiah Thomas? :rolleyes: