Author Topic: Antonio Daniels to wear purple and gold???  (Read 1087 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Antonio Daniels to wear purple and gold???
« on: July 04, 2005, 09:13:28 PM »
According to the OC Register in Southern California the Lakers management and Phil Jackson want to make Antonio Daniels  a high priority on their list of things to do (or in this case, get) in the off-season.  The Lakers envision the defense-minded Daniels as somewhat of a more athletic Ron Harper or Brian Shaw.  At this point its just talks as the Cavs are also after AD and offering more $$$$.  Daniels has also stated he would like to return to the Sonics.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 09:15:41 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:49:46 PM »
Another bold Blazer move, keep Jeff McInnis and dump AD.  AD is a very solid NBA player, and he would help the Lakers or Cavs significantly.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 09:36:30 AM »
According to the OC Register in Southern California the Lakers management and Phil Jackson want to make Antonio Daniels  a high priority on their list of things to do (or in this case, get) in the off-season.  The Lakers envision the defense-minded Daniels as somewhat of a more athletic Ron Harper or Brian Shaw.  At this point its just talks as the Cavs are also after AD and offering more $$$$.  Daniels has also stated he would like to return to the Sonics.
I have always liked AD, and this year he really showed to Pop and SA that he has matured since leaving our team.  I thought he was fantastic in the SA vs Seattle series, putting him under PJ would be a very good thing IMO.  he is not a super star or anything like that, but he has come a long way IMO and can play some solid d and is not afriad to do his part to get his team back into a game.  he is not the same AD that was in SA.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 10:26:51 AM »
What do you do if you are AD...stay on a team who was successful but may not all be back together because of FA (good chunk of the squad are FAs this off-season), goto a Laker team who was unable to make the playoffs, or goto the Cavs to play with Lebron/make the most $$$??

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 10:46:54 AM »
What do you do if you are AD...stay on a team who was successful but may not all be back together because of FA (good chunk of the squad are FAs this off-season), goto a Laker team who was unable to make the playoffs, or goto the Cavs to play with Lebron/make the most $$$??
Go play with King James!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 11:00:31 AM »
Is this Randolph?  

Ray Allen just reupped with the Sonics.  If Nate Mc comes back, i would swing the Sonics chances of signing AD.

Otherwise Cavs seem very determined to build around Lebron James.  That would be a good move.

Lakers he would be guaranteed to start, play big minutes for at least the next two years.  Sometime after next year he might want to stick around and see who they get in return for trading Kobe.  Oh wait Buss will never do that.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 11:04:13 AM »
Is this Randolph?  

Ray Allen just reupped with the Sonics.  If Nate Mc comes back, i would swing the Sonics chances of signing AD.

Otherwise Cavs seem very determined to build around Lebron James.  That would be a good move.

Lakers he would be guaranteed to start, play big minutes for at least the next two years.  Sometime after next year he might want to stick around and see who they get in return for trading Kobe.  Oh wait Buss will never do that.
Nope it was me...

Sonics still have 4-5 other players who are free agents besides Allen.  AD did state he wanted to return to Seattle so at this point it sounds like his #1 choice.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com