Author Topic: Spurs, this can't be happening  (Read 3928 times)

Guest_Reality

Spurs, this can't be happening
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 09:45:09 PM »
Lurker the Lakers are I are in the same camp on this one.  I guess that means a slumber party must be coming on.

If a 20 year old tells you everything is ok, that does not mean it is.  Furthermore it's managements onus to realize he is 20 and deal appropriately.  He told Zit all along he was fine with the Kidd search, but in the end he wasnt.  Now did he change his mind, or did he feel putdown all along while just giving the company line that he was fine with Kidd?  I've got to believe after becoming one of the youngest starting point guards on a championship team that he felt weird having his team chase Kidd.  As Randolph points out, is he supposed to really believe Zit would have him play 2 guard on defense?  I suppose there is the thought that Kidd could play 1 on O and 2 on D, Parker 2 on O and 1 on D.  I dunno  Plus where would that leave Manu?  Manu is superb but i dont think he could play small forward.

Nope Pop went after Kidd thinking if he got him, great, Parker could then either deal with it or not, he'd have Kidd and wouldn't care.

Other then Magic Johnson and Parker has a 20 year old or younger ever been a starting point guard on an NBA champ?  I dont think so.  Cut the kid some slack and get an offense that will run and utilize his skills.  Maybe if they are up 100-88 in a run n gun 4th qtr it wouldnt matter as much if he blew a decision.  In Pops boring stifling 81-80 squeakers it does.  

Wonder what Tim Duncan and the rest of the Spurs take on this is.

Guest_westkoast

Spurs, this can't be happening
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 01:24:16 AM »
The world is comming to an end.  Reality and myself are on the same exact page.  Parker was an important piece of the Spurs championship run last year....so why would they want to get Jason Kidd?   Put yourself in Tony's shoes.  I am sure the popular phrase 'If its not broke why fix it' comes to mind.

What did you expect him to say other than he is ok with it?  I don't think it would have been smart to bad mouth the heck out of the team you are going to end up with the following season.......ask Terrell Owens.