Author Topic: Congratulations to the "real" Spurs fans  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Congratulations to the "real" Spurs fans
« on: June 01, 2005, 11:10:12 PM »
Great game tonight, good job of withstanding the Suns run in the 4th, it looked like Stoudamare was going to beat you all by himself, what a stud!!

Good win, Duncan will get some needed rest.

BTW, Horry is still the man when it counts, I'm very happy for him.
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:30:56 PM »
Congrats to those who really live in Pasadena and attend Staples games, poser.

WooHoo!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 12:32:24 AM »
Phoenix was tough, but I felt sure we would win.  to be honest I was more worried about playing seattle than I was of playing phoenix - no to take anything away from them they got a hell of a team and future, if they can pick up a good big man in the middle that can body up, they will be a monster.  AMARE WAS AWESOME!!  and Nash is still a great MVP IMO.  we just used our experience to keep our game plan together where most would have crumbled to the nonstop threat the suns can run on you.  I AM worried about the time off though, that can be a bad thing to our team - I know they are saying they want the rest - but too much rest can mean coming out lax in the finals and losing the home court advantage.  I am worried about the eastern teams - you all know I think Miami is the biggest bet to win it all. and the Spurs are going to have to play like they played in this series to win against Miami or Detroit.  I guess I know my team - like they knnow each other from playing with each other for soo long, I think the people of San Antonio knnow them too, they are like family to us - you know what to expect ups and downs and yet you still they will come through with you.  I dont know if we can beat either of the teams in the east, but I got faith we are going to give it our all in this next series.  Props to the Suns for a great series - it was fun, they got a lot to be happy about.   :cheers:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 12:54:32 AM »

WooHoo!
Because San Diego is so close to Texas right?

Great solid team game by the Spurs.  Pathetic 2nd half by Nash and a MONSTER game from Amare.  The best big man defender in the league had nothing on him tonight.  I think we got to see a flash of the next top PF once Timmy retires during this series.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 03:46:06 AM »
Congrats to the Spurs and their fans.  I really thought the Suns would manage to push it to at least 6.  I'd say more, but I didn't see it.

You'll probably face Miami in the finals, although I've been wrong about how a lot of these series would play out.

Spurs definately have a solid chance to pick up another ring reguardless of who they end up playing.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 06:11:37 PM »

WooHoo!
Well WK, some people are a little sensitive, they assume they know whom someone else is refering to, this is especially true when a statement hits a little close to home.
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 10:54:55 PM »

WooHoo!

No, you completely misunderstand.

That someone lives 1000 miles from the Lakers and pulls for them (Dan Rock Springs, Utah) and I for the Spurs from S.D. CA is of no consequence to me.

We know Lakers have a global following and the Spurs with Manu have got to branching out at least 1/100th of the Lakers.