Author Topic: Spurs clincher and X3  (Read 781 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs clincher and X3
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:25:38 AM »
Xs3,

Spurs Bowen had just been stripped by Nash.  Other way Jimmy Jackson hits a 3 pter as Suns pull to 93-90.  Spurs now fritter away the ball, but get it out of bounds with 3 tics on the shot clock.  In total Stud MVP fashion, Timmy Dunker gets the lob inbounds pass out towards the free throw line.  Stoudamire is crowding him.  Dunker puts the ball on the floor drives around Stoud.   Marion has come all the way over from weakside, gets a running start and jumps as high as he can for the block of Tim.  Tim puts up a running arching short shot, gets rim just before the horn, procedes to get his own rebound/putback. :cheers: 95-90 Spurs.

Spurs get another hoop its 97-90 and game is seemingly in the bag, right?
Horry steals, Parker misses, Phx misses, Spurs catch a break when Dunker hits the defensive rim with his hand....35 seconds left.  Wait.  Stoudamire  gets the O rebound, a completely set Parker then gets in the way of Amare Bryantmire as he shoves Parker to the floor, attempts banker and Tim Dunker barely touches him.
Tweet!  2 shot foul.  All you can do is laugh at the ratings game.  Hits one ft misses second.  Bob Horry snaps down yet another board.  I like the way Horry did it, one handed all the way.  Looked tough.  Gets ball to GNob right under the hoop.  Surounded/hounded by two Suns.  He manages to bounce it Dunkers way, but ball is partially tipped on the way.  Dunker gets his hands on the ball but can't get a grip, ball gets tipped away to a Sun.  Steal, pass, dunk, bam its 97-93 with 26 seconds left.

At this point, be honest, did you:

a. soil yourself
b. spill the remainder of your chips and cheeze sause
c.  have no effect whatsover, you knew the Spurs would close.
d. somewhere in between.  You spilled a few chips, otherwise remained clean.
e.  other results

:hail:  :hail: BTW, Pops willingness to show flexibility not only on the offensive end but the D end as well....Tim Dunker and Nazr guarding Nash at times, Parker guarding A Stoudamire at times, Bob Horry D-ing up on Nash.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:38:32 PM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs clincher and X3
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 03:37:29 PM »
Xs3,

Spurs Bowen had just been stripped by Nash.  Other way Jimmy Jackson hits a 3 pter as Suns pull to 93-90.  Spurs now fritter away the ball, but get it out of bounds with 3 tics on the shot clock.  In total Stud MVP fashion, Timmy Dunker gets the lob inbounds pass out towards the free throw line.  Stoudamire is crowding him.  Dunker puts the ball on the floor drives around Stoud.   Marion has come all the way over from weakside, gets a running start and jumps as high as he can for the block of Tim.  Tim puts up a running arching short shot, gets rim just before the horn, procedes to get his own rebound/putback. :cheers: 95-90 Spurs.

Spurs get another hoop its 97-90 and game is seemingly in the bag, right?
Horry steals, Parker misses, Phx misses, Spurs catch a break when Dunker hits the defensive rim with his hand....35 seconds left.  Wait.  Stoudamire  gets the O rebound, a completely set Parker then gets in the way of Amare Bryantmire as he shoves Parker to the floor, attempts banker and Tim Dunker barely touches him.
Tweet!  2 shot foul.  All you can do is laugh at the ratings game.  Hits one ft misses second.  Bob Horry snaps down yet another board.  I like the way Horry did it, one handed all the way.  Looked tough.  Gets ball to GNob right under the hoop.  Surounded/hounded by two Suns.  He manages to bounce it Dunkers way, but ball is partially tipped on the way.  Dunker gets his hands on the ball but can't get a grip, ball gets tipped away to a Sun.  Steal, pass, dunk, bam its 97-93 with 26 seconds left.

At this point, be honest, did you:

a. soil yourself
b. spill the remainder of your chips and cheeze sause
c.  have no effect whatsover, you knew the Spurs would close.
d. somewhere in between.  You spilled a few chips, otherwise remained clean.
e.  other results

:hail:  :hail: BTW, Pops willingness to show flexibility not only on the offensive end but the D end as well....Tim Dunker and Nazr guarding Nash at times, Parker guarding A Stoudamire at times, Bob Horry D-ing up on Nash.
I think by that point i had to go to a last resort and get a cig out - mind you i quit!! - but the nerves had me soo freaking nervous from anticipation to close this game out i asked for one! :nonono:

I am glad that series is over. :hail:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.