Author Topic: Shaq injury update from LA Radio  (Read 993 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq injury update from LA Radio
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:04:43 PM »
Shaq injury update:

Apparently the bruise Shaq recieved when getting popped in the thigh has the possiblity of some sort of blood clot forming in the area.  Shaq at this moment is unknown for the next series and more likely than not will need to get surgery in the off-season...er I mean on company time during the start of next year.

Looks like Reality was right about how severe the shot was.  However I still believe his body is slowly going down hill and an injury like this would have bounced right off Shaq say 3-4 years ago.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »
I don't wish any injury on any player, (or anyone else), unlike the idiot fans in Seattle last night who cheered when Duncan hurt his ankle and looked like he might be gone, and then boo'd when he got up and continued to play, so I hope this injury to Shaq is not that serious.

That being said, I think I tend to agree with you Koast, this might not have been as bad 3-4 years ago but who knows. I will tell you this, if he gets this surgery in the offseason instead of waiting till training camp and doing it on "company time", then all my opinions about this ego maniacal self-centered prima dona will have been validated.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »
Shaq injury update:

Apparently the bruise Shaq recieved when getting popped in the thigh has the possiblity of some sort of blood clot forming in the area.  Shaq at this moment is unknown for the next series and more likely than not will need to get surgery in the off-season...er I mean on company time during the start of next year.

Looks like Reality was right about how severe the shot was.  However I still believe his body is slowly going down hill and an injury like this would have bounced right off Shaq say 3-4 years ago.
blood clots are always tricky.  they had better be keeping a close eye on that.  I didnt realize it was that bad of an injury.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 06:54:02 PM »
I don't wish any injury on any player, (or anyone else), unlike the idiot fans in Seattle last night who cheered when Duncan hurt his ankle and looked like he might be gone, and then boo'd when he got up and continued to play, so I hope this injury to Shaq is not that serious.

That being said, I think I tend to agree with you Koast, this might not have been as bad 3-4 years ago but who knows. I will tell you this, if he gets this surgery in the offseason instead of waiting till training camp and doing it on "company time", then all my opinions about this ego maniacal self-centered prima dona will have been validated.
Oh dont worry...he will get it done at the right time.  See what people outside of LA dont realize is that Shaq only made that comment because he was thinking with his ego.  He wanted to show everyone how bad this team would be if Shaq wasnt around.  Too bad Kobe came back that season on a tear and really tossed a wrench in his plans to flex his ego.  Thats the problem with both of those guys (Kobe and Shaq),  the ego they both have is amazing.

The surgery is a big maybe right now.  If there a blood clot then he will need surgery.  If there isnt a blood clot then Wade is going to have to continue to do his thing until the Big Fella can return.  So far I havent heard any other news on the radio about it.  I believe once the next series start more info will come out.  Wade is going to show us all what kind of player he is going to become in this next series.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 06:54:33 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com