Author Topic: JJ  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
JJ
« on: May 19, 2005, 11:23:25 AM »
Jimmy Jackson reborn again
Was this a nice pickup for Phx or what?

Great game by JJ last night.  With Joe Johnson out.

Novitisky seems 100% justified in going off on Dampier.  Not in public but on the subject of center positions output.  Look Amare is a good new star in NBA.  But Game 3s 40-0 and then last nights 33-2 outscoring by Amare vs Dampier, that is lame.  Dampier is definitely better then that.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
JJ
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »
Dampier's never been anything even remotely consistent, not from game to game and certainly not from year to year.  He's not someone you can count on.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
JJ
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 12:56:57 PM »
Dampier's never been anything even remotely consistent, not from game to game and certainly not from year to year.  He's not someone you can count on.
The trend continues....
His points vs Phx.
0-15-4-13-2

Do you think the "eruption" of 10 1st qtr points in Gm 4 had anything to do with Dirks blast or purely coincidental?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
JJ
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 01:09:22 PM »
Dampier sure was consistent for me last year when his contract was on the line.  Anyone who thought Dampier was going to evolve into a legitimate 15 and 10 kind of center was just plain kidding themselves.  He'll have his flashes of brilliance but for the most part remain a lottery bust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Jim Jackson, last night's performance is what I've come to expect.  This past year I, uncharacteristically, rooted for him when he wouldn't report to yet another backwater sesspool of a situation (the New Orleans Hornets this year).  Here's a guy whose had a bad rap his entire career due to his locker room cancer stigma he got his first few years into the league.  Oh yeah and that Jason Kidd-Toni Braxton nonsense.  

Low and behold he finds himself in Portland :) where surprisingly he performs well, is a valuable team member until he gets shafted and traded to the Hawks (uugh).  He's then dealt to another hopeless team in Cleveland the next year.  He makes it out of that mess and goes to Miami where he plays a significant 33 minutes a game and shoots an incredible 47% from 3-pt land.  Reward: "We just don't like you Jimmy, find another team."  He goes to Sacramento, where again he is a valuable player, a hard-nosed defender, and his reward: "we don't really wanna re-sign ya, Jimmy."  He gets signed by a Houston team still searching for its identity, and true to form becomes a team player, a hard worker, a great perimeter defender, and an outstanding three-point shooter.  Reward: "why don't you go to New Orleans, Jimmy, we want that guy who likes to street-race."  

I'm glad he held out and ended up in Phoenix and should they win it all, I'm going to be happy for Jim Jackson.  Because it will be his intangible contibutions of defense, awareness, and clutch shooting that helps them get that trophy.                
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."