Author Topic: allen still being whiny  (Read 2190 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
allen still being whiny
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 05:32:50 PM »
I'm the kind of player whose light and lanky and whenever I drive, I get the absolute crap beat out of me, mostly because it doesn't take much to knock me way off.  And boy do I hate it, because it hurts!!!!

But I have to agree that people should be allowed to play as physical a defense as allowed by the rules of the game.  Ray is just whining, and Bowen is just a really good (albeit physical) defender.  Stronger than my wish that people weren't so physical, is my belief that you can't just sit back and have a player make you look like a fool.  So, I respect Bowen, cause he'll be damned if he'll let Ray Allen or anyone else light him up, especially in a playoff game!
Thank you Skander....

besides that, Ray Allen is a "footcist"....bet you if walked by ronald mcdonald he would say ronald tripped him on purpose and call him a "dirty clown mascot"....somebody better get Ray some cheese for that whine....  :nod:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

allen still being whiny
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 08:39:36 AM »
I've stated this during the days of Malone and Mutombo and I STILL believe it is true.  Do I think that Bowen is doing anything intentionally (sliding feet under his opponent) no! (although the VC video could be used to build that case).  However, just as I stated when Malone and Mutombo were continually beating up players in the post and causing them to miss games, IF there are players in the league who continually "cause" injuries to their opponents, it's something that should be looked at.  Why should a player be allowed to take out the other teams best player on a regular basis -- even if it is an "accident."  My point is this -- if it happens once during a regular season (coming down on someones foot, for instance), okay, understandable -- if it happens twice, hmmm, if it happens three times, it needs to be investigated.  And don't give me the idea that Bruce Bowen is the ONLY one who plays great defense.  Bowen is a great defender but he isn't the best perimeter defender -- I believe that Artest deserves that prop and there are several who are as good as Bowen is.  

IF it's just a matter of playing good defense, then other players like Artest, Prince, etc. will cause the same thing -- however, if it's not, then maybe it IS something that Bowen needs to change.  I mean, if it's simply the way that Allen shoots the ball -- then it will be happening against other defenders -- not just Bowen, right?  And if that's the case, forget all about it -- however, if it's just happening when Bowen is defending players then I think it IS something to look into.  I would hate to see ANY player injured just because of the way one player plays.  I hate to see an injury -- and we, as NBA fans, SHOULD hate to see injuries because it ruins our opportunity to see great basketball -- and that is more important to me than seeing a particular team win.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
allen still being whiny
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 08:51:38 AM »
Randy if you really want to make a case he did it one time with VC.  I still do not believe he did anything wrong with Ray Allen.  He is the kind of shooter you give NO space.  If you do give him space hes going to wear out the net in one quarter.  So pretty much theres only one way to play him.  What exactly should Bowen be warned about and what has he done that should even put him in the category to be watched to be fined?  Malone was a dentist as was Deke.  Swinging elbows was not something they needed to do to really secure a rebound.  Bowen however needs to be close to players like Allen.  

This is how soft the whole league has been for quite some time.  This bumping and "physical" play is a joke compared to the way this game use to be played.  You are suppose to be battling another team on your path to the championship.  This isn't just some pick up game at the park where you are playing for fun or to see who pays for dinner after.  If Allen and some of these other guys didnt want to play tough, physical basketball they should have became pro horse players.  Maybe they could start up a 21 league.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 08:52:53 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com