Author Topic: Shaq v Wade  (Read 5847 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq v Wade
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 03:13:17 PM »
Wouldnt you be underestimating Eddie Jones, Zo, Christian Laetner, Haslem, and the rest of the guys when talking about the Heat being nothing without Shaq?

I never said nothing, I said not a champion without Shaq.  And without either Shaq and Wade, they're not a playoff team.

Odom played well but it was Wade who was the leader and was dropping all the points.

In response to your line that Wade was the *only* top player on last years squad, I maintain he was one of two, Odom being the other.  And both of them benefitted greatly from the play of the Butlers, Grants, and Haslems.  Also scoring a buttload of points doesn't necassarily win playoff games (Nash-48 point, L for Phx).  Wade getting the 15 assists in 1 game, or going 15 for 17 from the line, averaging 7 boards from the guard spot, these are the statistics that add up to W's.
Ahh but the points are not what I was getting at...what I was getting at was the fact that Wade realized he needed to strap the team on his back and started to attack with vegence last year.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com