Author Topic: So the Cavs are out of the PJ race...  (Read 1201 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
So the Cavs are out of the PJ race...
« on: May 02, 2005, 06:53:19 PM »
Im sure you all saw the news so I wont paste the whole article (unless asked) but PJ is not going to Cleveland.

One thing from the article I wanted to bring up...

""I'm not even sure that he does want to coach." Charley Rosen, an author and longtime friend of Jackson's, told The Times. "He didn't pay that much attention to the season, although he did watch the Lakers. The playoffs get his chops way up. ... I'm sure his interest is peaking and will peak for the next two months.""

Isnt this the same Charley Rosen who gave all this inside information at the end of last year?  Well, PJ himself said he hasnt watched the Lakers at all.  He also said he watched some games this season.  PJ also is also meeting with potential teams to coach...but this guy doesnt know he is intrested in coaching??? How inside is this guy???
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 06:54:09 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 06:56:40 PM »
The Cleveland Cavaliers are out of the chase for the services of Phil Jackson, just days after having preliminary talks with the nine-time NBA champion coach, according to the New York Post.

According to The Los Angeles Times, some upper-crust season-ticket holders sent a petition to Lakers headquarters last week imploring the team to rehire Jackson.

"We the undersigned season ticket holders in the premium seat location on the floor urge you to do all you can to bring Phil Jackson back to coach the team next year," the petition read, according to the newspaper.

The Times reported the petition was prepared by front-row season-ticket holders, who pay $2,000 a ticket. Signatures representing 52 of the 139 front-row holders were on the petition, but organizers declined to provide a list of names for the newspaper.

While the Lakers continue to wait for a legitimate sign that Jackson is interested in again coaching the Lakers, speaking engagements -- his fees approach $100,000, plus expenses, The Times reports -- have kept him busy.

"I'm not even sure that he does want to coach." Charley Rosen, an author and longtime friend of Jackson's, told The Times. "He didn't pay that much attention to the season, although he did watch the Lakers. The playoffs get his chops way up. ... I'm sure his interest is peaking and will peak for the next two months."

The paper reports the competition has come down to the New York Knicks or a return the Los Angeles Lakers.

However, Knicks legend and former Jackson teammate Earl Monroe believes this decision has already been made.

"I've talked to a couple of people pretty close to Phil," Monroe told the Post on Sunday. "It's a good shot to try to get him. In terms of his own legacy, I know he should go to someplace where there's a guy they can build around and become a winning team. I don't see with the Knicks they have that type of team in place at this point."

Jackson met with Knicks president of basketball operations Isiah Thomas on April 25 and a second is meeting is expected, the paper reported.

"I'd like to see [Jackson] go out and coach a team that's competitive," Monroe told the Post. "The team they [the Knicks] have is not as competitive. They need a couple more components."

Jackson was scheduled to meet with Lakers star Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles, according to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

However, sources close to Bryant said that he has not heard from Jackson about a possible meeting between the two. The sources said Bryant would not be opposed to such a get-together.

If the Cavaliers can't get Jackson, the next most likely candidate would be Cleveland native Flip Saunders, who was fired earlier this season in Minnesota. Saunders and Pistons coach Larry Brown are also candidates for the Lakers if their Jackson pursuit fails.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 07:43:56 PM »
However, Knicks legend and former Jackson teammate Earl Monroe believes this decision has already been made.

"I'd like to see [Jackson] go out and coach a team that's competitive," Monroe told the Post. "The team they [the Knicks] have is not as competitive. They need a couple more components."

Monroe stated as evidence the Lakers vastly superior 34-48 record as compared with the Knicks 33-49 record.

As for the "component" to build around no word from Monroe on Kobes career record without Shaq.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:44:26 AM »
Monroe stated as evidence the Lakers vastly superior 34-48 record as compared with the Knicks 33-49 record.

As for the "component" to build around no word from Monroe on Kobes career record without Shaq.
Kobe is lagging behind Shaq's inagural 41-41 season, maybe he'll catch up.  So far Shaq has as many rings without Kobe as Kobe does without Shaq and Shaq's been trying for alot more years.

We'll see what's what in the next few years.  Kobe is definately a franchise building block, if you can't see that there's not much worth in discussing NBA b-ball with you.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 08:49:04 AM »

Reality if I was your english teacher and I had to give you a grade for reading comprehension  you would get a big fat F in red marker.  You would think the part 'player to build around' would have helped your understand what Monroe was saying.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 09:58:21 AM »
I was talking to the Realtor who sold The Laker House to you guys.

She said she told you buried underneath the property was a used shoelace that Jerry West had worn in a Lakers game.  She said you askd if the City of L.A. could declare the area an off limits sanctuary.  You upped the offer $20K.  She spent the extra commission on a Hawaiian vacation.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 10:58:19 AM »

She said she told you buried underneath the property was a used shoelace that Jerry West had worn in a Lakers game.  She said you askd if the City of L.A. could declare the area an off limits sanctuary.  You upped the offer $20K.  She spent the extra commission on a Hawaiian vacation.
I was talking to the drug conselor who you see once a week and she said that crack use keeps you from making sense in conversations on and offline.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:05:42 PM »

She said she told you buried underneath the property was a used shoelace that Jerry West had worn in a Lakers game.  She said you askd if the City of L.A. could declare the area an off limits sanctuary.  You upped the offer $20K.  She spent the extra commission on a Hawaiian vacation.
I was talking to the drug conselor who you see once a week and she said that crack use keeps you from making sense in conversations on and offline.
I spoke with Reality's imaginary friends and they have confirmed westkoast's story!  :eek2:  :nonono:  :crazy:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"