Author Topic: Length of series  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« on: May 05, 2005, 12:54:39 PM »
Injuries.  Healing time.

N.J. bows to Heat in 4 while Ch-WA goes at least 6.  Shaq gets to rest big time.

Tim Dunkan potential rest time:
I'm hoping
A) The Spurs can get past the Sonics in no more then 6 while
B) Dallas or Houston goe to a 7th game thus delaying the start Round 2 vs Phx.  Then while Spurs-Sonics gets an early start (and i hope finish :up: ) Dal/Hou winner can extend Phx at least 6 and preferably 7 games.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:15:15 PM »
They start the second rounds at the same time Reality.  Its not like they will get a 2 game jump.

The more rest Shaq gets the more and more he will slow down in the later rounds.  His conditioning in the off-season is going to show in the next two rounds.  Not because hes out of shape but because he spent more energy to get in shape than he has in a while.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:18:01 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:39:08 PM »
They start the second rounds at the same time Reality.  Its not like they will get a 2 game jump.

The more rest Shaq gets the more and more he will slow down in the later rounds.  His conditioning in the off-season is going to show in the next two rounds.  Not because hes out of shape but because he spent more energy to get in shape than he has in a while.
Spurs-Sonics starts Sunday.

Game 7 Hou at Dal would be Sat.
NBA is not going to make the Dal/hou series winner play Phx the next day.  Prob would start mon or tues.  Hence Dunkan would get a head start.  Irregardless of when R2 starts for Phx-Dall/Hou, if Dallas (most likely series winner) can extend Phx to 7 woohoo!

Try running the logic on Shaqs rest one more time.
Rest at this point is superb for Shaqs injury.  

Unless he is eating more LakerBurgers.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:40:23 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 01:59:59 PM »
They start the second rounds at the same time Reality.  Its not like they will get a 2 game jump.

The more rest Shaq gets the more and more he will slow down in the later rounds.  His conditioning in the off-season is going to show in the next two rounds.  Not because hes out of shape but because he spent more energy to get in shape than he has in a while.
Spurs-Sonics starts Sunday.

Game 7 Hou at Dal would be Sat.
NBA is not going to make the Dal/hou series winner play Phx the next day.  Prob would start mon or tues.  Hence Dunkan would get a head start.  Irregardless of when R2 starts for Phx-Dall/Hou, if Dallas (most likely series winner) can extend Phx to 7 woohoo!

Try running the logic on Shaqs rest one more time.
Rest at this point is superb for Shaqs injury.  

Unless he is eating more LakerBurgers.
Right...and game 1 for them would be Monday, Game 2 for Spurs/Sea would be Tuesday, etc etc etc.  They dont get a real jump.

Was I talking about his injury?  Try running the reading and understand program once again Neo.   I was speaking on his gas tank running low and the rest adding to that because his body was already in cool down mode 2 months ago because he worked out for 2 months in the summer.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:07:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:09:13 PM »
A day is a real jump.  Esp if they finish the R2 series a day or two earlier then Phx/Dall.

Two full days extra rest is a lot for bad ankles.

I'm not reading your jibberish again on how Shaqs working out two months somehow hurt him and also negates the rest he is getting now for R2.  Program deleted.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 03:09:31 PM »
A day is a real jump.  Esp if they finish the R2 series a day or two earlier then Phx/Dall.

Two full days extra rest is a lot for bad ankles.

I'm not reading your jibberish again on how Shaqs working out two months somehow hurt him and also negates the rest he is getting now for R2.  Program deleted.
You being the authority on jibberish I thought that you would read the post.

If you cant grasp the simple concept that Shaq has not put this kind of strain on his body in 3 years I dont know what to tell you Neo.  Maybe the blue pill, kindly named 'voice killers', will help you drown out the backround noise and focus in on this simple concept.

Just to let you know...there is no jump because every team gets this.  They dont put every single first game of the series on the same day.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:11:20 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 03:17:29 PM »
Shaq put much more strain on his body while being 380 lbs in Lakerville.

This year he is in much better condition then previous.
Have a clue.  His injury is due to JOneals slamming him in the leg, not some overingulgence in LakerBurgers.

westkoast writes:
<They start the second rounds at the same time Reality.>

<Just to let you know...there is no jump because every team gets this. They dont put every single first game of the series on the same day. >

I've got your pills ready.  Some nice Chinese herbs, not some pharmacy crap.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 03:42:39 PM »
Shaq put much more strain on his body while being 380 lbs in Lakerville.

This year he is in much better condition then previous.
Have a clue.  His injury is due to JOneals slamming him in the leg, not some overingulgence in LakerBurgers.

westkoast writes:

<Just to let you know...there is no jump because every team gets this. They dont put every single first game of the series on the same day. >

I've got your pills ready.  Some nice Chinese herbs, not some pharmacy crap.
Doooo....IIIIII....neeeeeeeed.....toooooo....gooooo.....slow?

Reality do you work out?  Have you ever not worked out for like say 6 months and then hit the gym with a vegence?  Did you notice your body really takes a beating and it takes more work to get back to where you were?  Try dropping about 50 pounds of dead weight, getting hamered by defenders, and getting older after playing more games than anyone else in the league (save the pistons).

This is a very simple concept.  Shaq is known to need breaks.  He is a big guy and has a tough job.  Summertime was when Shaq's body was like 'hay I finally get to rest for a few months and cool off'.....well he didnt get to rest this summer.  In fact he started working out almost right away.  Instead of getting 3-4 months off his body got a quarter of that.  Plus he worked out harder than he has in years...so simple logic tells you, knowing what you do about Shaq, that he is getting tired and will continue to do so.  This is so simple  :bash:  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:46:35 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 04:04:14 PM »
Nonsense.  Shaqs over the summer routine of doing aerobics and dropping 60 pounds was exactly what he needed.  Had he left the Pistons buttkicking and started immediately pumping heavy iron continuing into the seasons start, you would have a point.  He didn't.  Changed his diet and aerobacized.  That did not hurt him a bit.

Laker  :cry:  :cry:
He wasn't motivated until he left.

The JOneal kneeing is what slowed him, not the summer workouts.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 04:20:40 PM »
Nonsense.  Shaqs over the summer routine of doing aerobics and dropping 60 pounds was exactly what he needed.  Had he left the Pistons buttkicking and started immediately pumping heavy iron continuing into the seasons start, you would have a point.  He didn't.  Changed his diet and aerobacized.  That did not hurt him a bit.

Laker  :cry:  :cry:
He wasn't motivated until he left.

The JOneal kneeing is what slowed him, not the summer workouts.
Everyone gets this but you.    Shaq is known to need to take breaks because his large body and the abuse he takes really puts a strain on his body for the long haul.  I am not saying him working out isnt what he needed, what I am saying (pay attention) is that he is going to run out of gas because his body is not use to going strong for this long.   I love your non-Laker double standards.  Last year when Shaq was a Laker he was a flat lazy blob who wasnt motivated to do anything but eat....now hes the opposite.  Almost like Horry 2 years ago right? :lol:

I can see how simple things like this would confuse you.    Thats why they keep it simple for you at work..Would you like fries with that??
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 08:28:42 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Length of series
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 10:53:35 PM »
what I am saying (pay attention) is that he is going to run out of gas because his body is not use to going strong for this long.
yes that's what you said:
"The more rest Shaq gets the more and more he will slow down in the later rounds."

Also please bring these two quotes together: