Author Topic: Spurs vs Den  (Read 2825 times)

rickortreat

Spurs vs Den
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »
It's reall simple, the Spurs didn't pass to the open man and didn't make enough shots down the stretch even though the game was even.

Denver had nothing to loose and were playing loose.  The Spurs couldn't stop them, and couldn't score with them by relying on Duncan.

They should have kept passing to Nazr until the Nuggets stopped him.  He was doing a great job all night for the Spurs, but they rell into relying on Timmy.  Stupid!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs vs Den
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 01:47:03 PM »
The reason for this loss?  It's obvious that TD isn't even 80% -- and if he doesn't get better, Denver could take this series.  Where would the Spurs have been last night if it HADN'T been for Nazr?  He had a MONSTER game -- anyone think that Rasho or Rose could have had that kind of game?  That many rebounds or blocked shots?  Rasho doesn't move that well without the ball and he doesn't block that many shots -- Rose doesn't block shots at all (although Rose could shoot better from the line).  Nazr was the MVP for the Spurs last night.
The reason the Spurs lost:

1.  True that Duncan was 80%.  Thus does brilliant Offensive Popavitch make an adjustment?  Kind of like the kind Miami made with Shaq less then 100%.  You know like have two other players take more of the shots, control a lot of the offense.  Or since Nazr Mohammed was so blistering have him take a few more in the stretch.  He was soo brilliant in catching passes fed to him by Dunkan and Parker while standing completely alone under the hoop.  Actually having to jump up and dunk the ball in uncontested.  7-9.  Keep that up?  

No lets have 75-80% healthy Duncan take 7 shots in that fateful 0-18 run.  Reverting to "force feed Tim".  Missing all 7.  Your Nazr man?  He took one attempt in the 10 minute "run".  Duncan ends up taking 22 shots, 7 more then any other Spur.  Made a whole 7.  32%.

Clutch shooting?  Its gonzo along with Stevie Kerr and S Jackson.  Plenty of games left to prove its not long gone.  

2.  Pre halftime debaucle.  Giving up 9 points when worst case senario they should have given up 2 at the most.  Pathetic for playoff basketball, esp in a close game.
This is comedy at best.....

First Nazr is a scrub who couldnt even shine the shoes of Malik Rose.  Now you want him to become the #1 scoring option on the team in the playoffs :lol:  Thats not what they brought him in for.  They brought him in for defense/shot blocking, rebounding, and giving some big men breathers.  His scoring is an added bonus but thats not his game.

Funny how you take a shot at Nazr for just standing alone in the post and getting passes......Rose use to do the same thing.  Why knock something that is so effective and EXACTLY what that player is suppose to do?  The big men are going to double Tim and its the other post players' job to get to a spot to relieve the pressure.

Super Manu screwed up big time and no comment from the peanut gallery :lol:
Manu got a little too crazy at the end there and then went flat...along with the rest of the club, it sucks to see that happen.  I think we will pull it out, Denver has been riding high since Karl came on board, but i think our guys will really give them selves a gut check and realize that they are the better team and they need to play like the better team, stick to working plays and try not to get so frustrated out there.  Bowen shut carmelo down again as usual, now our gaurds need to do a better job on miller, let tim and Nazr handle camby and martin, we should win game 2...  if not, then i will start listenning to ole jn over there and start worrying.  :D  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs vs Den
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 01:48:49 PM »
:rofl: Umm -- yet AGAIN you refuse to look at the facts, don't you?  

So:  27 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 1 blocked shot is impressive but  15 points, 15 rebounds (9 off), 1 assist, 2 steals and 4 blocked shots ISN'T impressive?  

Rose had some VERY solid games -- but, AGAIN, I state -- Rose was NEVER the best Spurs on the court -- last night Nazr WAS the best Spurs player!  You can't say that about Rose, can you?  Who had a better night last night than Nazr did?  Of course, it wouldn't make any difference what the facts were -- you STILL won't admit you were wrong, will you!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
Nazr had a monster game last night, the rest of the team fell flat.  That doesnt happen too often guys, so yeah, they need to adjust and come back and win.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs vs Den
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
It's reall simple, the Spurs didn't pass to the open man and didn't make enough shots down the stretch even though the game was even.

Denver had nothing to loose and were playing loose.  The Spurs couldn't stop them, and couldn't score with them by relying on Duncan.

They should have kept passing to Nazr until the Nuggets stopped him.  He was doing a great job all night for the Spurs, but they rell into relying on Timmy.  Stupid!
There are adults on the board.  Thank you.

Yep Pops refusal to appoint an O coordinator ala Tex Winters could be their undoing again.  Force it to Tim is old and tired, even when Tim was healthy.  4th qtr was almost like last year where the Lakers dared them to win with jumpers and the Spurs bricked away.  Be nice if Barry would hit what he was brought over for.  Parker looks very uncomfortable with 4th qtr clutch jumpers.

I didn't see Denver take away the Parker/Duncan passes to Nazr either.  Just that Spurs stopped attempting them in the 0-18 run.

"Adjustments" Xs3 are indeed the key at this point.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:57:29 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs vs Den
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2005, 06:06:45 PM »

Denver had nothing to loose and were playing loose.  The Spurs couldn't stop them, and couldn't score with them by relying on Duncan.

They should have kept passing to Nazr until the Nuggets stopped him.  He was doing a great job all night for the Spurs, but they rell into relying on Timmy.  Stupid!
There are adults on the board.  Thank you.

Yep Pops refusal to appoint an O coordinator ala Tex Winters could be their undoing again.  Force it to Tim is old and tired, even when Tim was healthy.  4th qtr was almost like last year where the Lakers dared them to win with jumpers and the Spurs bricked away.  Be nice if Barry would hit what he was brought over for.  Parker looks very uncomfortable with 4th qtr clutch jumpers.

I didn't see Denver take away the Parker/Duncan passes to Nazr either.  Just that Spurs stopped attempting them in the 0-18 run.

"Adjustments" Xs3 are indeed the key at this point.

Hope you arent lumping yourself in as an adult mr. sandbox name calling :lol:

I think Pops reasoning...and the reason he does this so much (dumping to Tim) was to give Barry, Parker, and Manu a little bit more space and time  to shoot from the outside.  Denver did a pretty good job of getting up on the shooters when they were taking jumpers.  I think that is what Pop noticed and thought if they had a better look they'd start to hit more shots.  This is a team that doesnt go 0-18 ever.

However, I do agree that he should mix it up more.  Going to Tim is still going to get you the higher percentage and keep the other team from getting long rebounds to break.  This is the same arguement with Shaq.  Sometimes the big guys are just not on and you need to go another route.  At the same time when youve had as much success as they have had this way its hard to see it in another light.  Pop hasnt been that great at countering moves made by the other coach in the playoffs.  Spurs would have been back to back champs if he was.

Oh btw...Barry is a bust.  We all thought he would be such a great addition but has been VERY inconsistant.  Regular season is one thing, playoffs are aanother.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 06:07:45 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_spursfan101

Spurs vs Den
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2005, 09:07:49 PM »
Spurs got trounced, Denver played the type of defense that SA normally exhibits. SA totally taken out of their game, no passing the ball around the perimeter, it was ugly. In all fairness, Denver offensively, didn't look that great either. Both teams were playing one on one type basketball, felt like I was watching a weekend pickup game.

Still not panicking just yet. Worried, but not panicked. I panicked last year when the Spurs lost game 1 to New Jersey last year, then they ended up winning the series. Still contend and I predict, that the Nuggets can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. In 5?  Maybe. Not 7, especially with the rest and time between games, Spurs will rebound.