Author Topic: Igoudala Dunks  (Read 794 times)

rickortreat

Igoudala Dunks
« on: April 22, 2005, 05:09:54 PM »
Daryl Dawkins sits down with Andre to discuss his top ten dunks of the season:

http://www.nba.com/sixers/index.html?nav=page

Pretty fun to watch, if you a high-speed connection.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Igoudala Dunks
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 07:28:50 PM »
Where is the icon?

Is it still up?

rickortreat

Igoudala Dunks
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:26:13 PM »
Yeah, just go through NBA.com and get to the Sixers homepage. If you scroll down a little ways you can't miss it.  There's a link to the interview with "Chocolate Thunder" and there's also a link to Andre's top 10 dunks of the year, with the fans rankings for each.  Their favorite is the one where he posterized Kobe.

Personally I like the Dominique style windmill dunk, and the one where he posterized Rasheed Wallace.  That was a great play, where Mark Jackson passed Andre the ball, at the top of the key, he dribbled around Mark, beat his man down the lane jumped and slamed it, ala Dr.J.

You look at it, and tell me who it reminds you of.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Igoudala Dunks
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »
What is the dumbarsed "NBA Media Player" that one has to have to view?

rickortreat

Igoudala Dunks
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 10:30:31 AM »
It's just an applet that allows you to view the streaming video and sound.  Your firewall probably warned you that it could threaten your system.

If you don't trust the souce, and don't know what it is, it's usually a good thing to deny access to your hard drive.  As far as I know, all NBA.com (or Sixers.com) does is download that applet, which you can use to watch any compatible streaming video, and a couple of cookies.

I used to have all kinds of problems with my browser, thanks to tracking cookies and other malware that hijacks your pc.  Mozilla Firefox seems to block most things by default, and of course I run avast continuously to provice virus protection.  

I had media player installed on my PC when I bought it, but there are allways enhancements to these apps, as the standard evolves.  Just make sure you can trust the souce, and you should be ok.